Jean Jeanniot, 71, was trying to cross Flatbush Avenue and East 26th Street tonight around 6:10 pm when a car smashed into him, police said. If that wasn’t bad enough, Jeanniot then got hit and dragged by another car, whose driver, according to police, remained on the scene. Although Jeanniot was rushed by EMS to Kings County Hospital, he later died. Robert Sapp of Lindell’s Beauty and Barber Supplies, a nearby business, confirmed the report: “It’s a horrible intersection,” he said. “It’s very dangerous.” There have been no arrests so far.
- ‘Keith Haring: 1978-1982,’ Brooklyn Museum Exhibition, Examines Pop Artist’s Early Works And Socio-Political Relevance
- What’s the Best Kosher Sushi in Brooklyn?
- Southpaw Co-Owner Mikey Palms Gets Married; New Baby May Jump Velvet Ropes at Kids Club
- How to Raise Kids in Brooklyn: 9 French Tips to Avoid Horribly Permissive Parenting
- Promote Your Local Brooklyn Business for Free Just by Uploading a Photo
Hot Topicsart Bedford-Stuyvesant Bed Stuy Brian O'Mara Brian O'Mara death Brian O'Mara Garden City Brian O'Mara hit by train Brian O'Mara killed Brian O'Mara subway BROOKLYN HEIGHTS Bushwick CLINTON HILL cocktails crime crown heights Ditmas Park dogs Downtown Brooklyn Flatbush Flatbush Avenue food Food and drink FORT GREENE Fred Armisen Garden City Gowanus greenpoint hipster Kevin Brennan Kevin Brennan NYPD M.T.A. park slope pets Portlandia Prospect Heights Prospect Park Public Assembly restaurants subway subway deaths sundance The Brooklyn Paper Tim Heidecker video williamsburg