HELLO!! Anybody Out There??? — Brooklynian

HELLO!! Anybody Out There???

Subject: We've been moved to here by the administrator

Is anyone lost???

Comments

• I feel like I was dropped out of a helicopter on a deserted island and no one is around... :help:
  • Subject: where do we go

I'll call terry and find out where we go
  • Subject: This Sucks!!!

This new format really sucks! Oh well... all good things must come to an end.

Sal
  • Sal its pretty easy just go to the entry you want and hit the reply button to reply to them. I hope you guys keep it up - its really pretty cool to hear all the old stories!
  • You guys are in the right place. All you have to do to reply to a topic is hit the "post reply" button that appears at the top of each thread. It will take a couple of days for new threads to get up but as you can see, folks are starting to feel there way around here and there will be plenty of new threads in no time. Welcome!!
  • Subject: Can't stand change

I do not know what I'm doing. If this goes through it will be a miracle. Danny you know that desert island you're on.... I'm on the other side. Maybe we could do an episode of LOST !
  • Subject: SOUTH BKLYN/PARK SLOPE

I JUST POSTED SOMETHING AND I DONT SEE IT. I AM ON GILLIGANS ISLAND CAN WE MEET. I HATE THIS BLOG I WANT MY OLD ONE BACK PLEASE, PLEASE ADMINISTRATOR SET UP ANOTHER ONE LIKE THE OLD ONE I JUST HATE THIS EVERYONE IS HAVING A HARD TIME TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN :cry:
  • I see your post, Terry.

I think you and I discussed the need to do something back when the conversation was up to 1000 comments. There are now 2500 comments, and it was simply no longer tenable to load 2500 comments every time someone viewed the blog. Trust me - this move is going to make it easier to have discussions! Just make sure to hit Submit every time you make a post.
  • Subject: south bklyn/PARK SLOPE

THIS REALLY REALLY DOES SUCK
  • Subject: Where is everyone?

This is insane! Just when everyone was comfortable with the old blog everything now is x.?/#@ up! :cry:
  • Subject: BIGGER PROBLEM !

OK, Terry.....maybe there is a bigger problem. I was attempting to post a reply and suddenly found myself on a website for phone sex (with a picture of some woman in very red lipstick biting some man's lip). Is someone trying to tell me something (in a less than subtle way ?). Seriously, could be a glitch.
  • Subject: 21 street Reunion

Hye Park Slope When. WHere is everyone?
  • Subject: reunion

I DONT KNOW WHERE WE ARE I AM TRYING TO GET BACK TO WHERE I POSTED ON THE NW SITE TERRY ANGELO EMAIL OLLY416@AOL.COM
  • Subject: BROOKLYNIAN.COM

HI THIS IS NUTS. [/b]
  • Subject: REUNION

I CANT FIND EVERYONE I SEE YOU POSTING BUT I CANT FIND YOU ALL.
    IF YOU NEED ANY INFO FOR THE REUNION GO BACK TO THE OLD SITE ALL THE INFO IN ON THERE OR EMAIL ME OLLY416@AOL.COM
  • Subject: reunion

Hi everyone, i'm back!
  • Subject: BROOKLYNIAN.COM

OK HI DO WE NEED TO KEEP PUTTING OUR NAME AND CODE # in everytime we post?
  • Subject: How Many Times Do We Have To Type Our Names IN?

Are we going to be guest all the time? The other blog was a lot easier.
  • Subject: this is crazy we need to get our own website

:x this is crazy everyone is on a different posting. Let's get everyone in one place.
  • We all need to be in one place, it seems there are quite a few topics out there. Let's choose one and stay with it.
    Terry let me know which one if you join you don't have to keep typing your name and the numbers. it's free.
  • Subject: HELP

OK I AM DIZZY TERRY WE NEED SOME ORGANIZATION. WE NEED ONE TOPIC TO KEEP EVERYONE IN THE SAME PLACE. MR. ADMINISTRATOR CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST SOMETHING. WE NEED HELP. WE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE S--T :) :?:
  • Subject: THis site is horrible

This is just not the same. It was more fun when you could see everyones post and you didn't have to keep signing in every time you wanted to respond to a post. Now people will only be responding to one person, not to the group, Janet
  • Subject: DAILY SLOPE

IN ORDER TO STAY TOGETHER GO TO MY NAME ON TOPICS I SPELLED MY NAME WRONG BUT ANYWAY......DAILY SLOPE AND CLICK ON POST REPLY NOT NEW TOPIC OR ELSE WE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE

*****POST REPLY ON MY NAME DAILY SLOPE AND PRESS POST REPLY NOT NEW TOPIC HOPE EVERYONE GETS THIS
  • Subject: Test

Test. I'm having trouble getting things to post
  • Janet H. You must get over to a different topic. Follow this Brooklynian.com then Brooklyn message boards then scroll down to Brooklyn Back When. Click on and go to topic titled Daily Slope. This way everyone will be on the same topic.
  • Subject: OLD BLOG ADMINISTRATOR

ADMINISTRATOR,
    IF YOU DONT TRY TO GET US ON A BLOG LIKE WE HAD YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE US. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE DROPPING OFF AND WE WILL BE EMAILING EACH OTHER. OUT OF ALL OF US WE DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW SITE. PLEASE HELP US. ALOT OF PEOPLE ON OUR BLOG ARE CHECKING OUT HOW TO START OUR OWN. I WISH YOU WOULD GET US BACK. THIS IS A REAL PAIN AND WE DONT LIKE IT. WE HAVE GAINED SO MUCH FROM THE LAST SITE AND REUNITED WITH SO MANY PEOPLE. PLEASE TRY TO GET US ON THE OLD SITE. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT OLY416@AOL.COM

TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN
  • Terry, "dailyheights," the main administrator of this site, is on vacation. However, I am one of the other administrators and will try to explain the reason behind the change.

The "Park Slope Back When" thread that you all participated in was causing stress to our computer server, which is used by several thousand people. Every time any person viewed that page, it had to load all 2,500 comments. Most of our pages only display 30 comments at a time, so every time someone tried to use the "Park Slope Back When" page, it was eighty times as much work for the server, which meant that other users saw broken pages or the pages loaded too slowly. We could not keep that going.

Having separate conversations on a message board is useful because you can break out your conversations by topics--like different streets, events, or people that you are remembering, or your reunion that you are planning. Give it a try!

It would be easiest if you bookmarked the address for the Brooklyn Back When forum. http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=175 Click on that address and then choose "Bookmarks > Bookmark this page" (or similar) so that you can come back to the list of topics whenever you want.

You don't have to register to use this site, however, it is easier if you do. On the old blog page, the administrator had to look at each one of your comments individually to tell whether it was a real comment or "spam"--a comment from an advertising computer. That was very time consuming. On this messageboard, each time you post, the site will ask you to type in a code. Advertising computers cannot pass this test (they're dumb!), so this proves that you are a real person posting a real comment. If you don't want to have to type in a code each time, you can register an account with this site instead.

This messageboard really offers a lot more space for you than the old blog post, and it does so without making our computer server unstable. Please give it a try!
  • Subject: Re: OLD BLOG ADMINISTRATOR

"TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN" wrote: ADMINISTRATOR,
    IF YOU DONT TRY TO GET US ON A BLOG LIKE WE HAD YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE US. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE DROPPING OFF AND WE WILL BE EMAILING EACH OTHER. OUT OF ALL OF US WE DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW SITE. PLEASE HELP US. ALOT OF PEOPLE ON OUR BLOG ARE CHECKING OUT HOW TO START OUR OWN. I WISH YOU WOULD GET US BACK. THIS IS A REAL PAIN AND WE DONT LIKE IT. WE HAVE GAINED SO MUCH FROM THE LAST SITE AND REUNITED WITH SO MANY PEOPLE. PLEASE TRY TO GET US ON THE OLD SITE. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT OLY416@AOL.COM

TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN
    Terry I am giving the administrator hell. He had no right to stop the blog. He can delete all the comments and we can start over.
  • Subject: Bring Back the Blog

Terry- We might have to use email from now on. I think everyone has to complain until they restore the blog. This format is horrible. Now we have to be mixed in with every other message board.
  • Fran and Terry,

Go to the bottom of the page and hit "Brooklyn Back When"

Then look through all the topics until you see "DAILYSLOPE"

Go into that DAILYSLOPE topic and stay there. Most people are in that "topic".

I hope this helps.

Patty
  • Hi Everybody,

Terry has recommended that everybody post in the same thread. Here is a link to that thread where you are supposed to comment:
    http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45192

If you have any questions about the board and why the blog just changed, read this post:
    http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45176

Thanks!
    Admin
This discussion has been closed.