Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

[hi everyone - this is the thread that Terry said everyone should post to. To post a message, simply click the <b>Post Reply</b> button. If you have any trouble with the site or questions about the move, read this post: http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45176 Thanks! -Admin]

Wow, I just heard about the blog from Rita Negri. I was wondering if anybody remembers my brother, Eddie Elardo, and I. I would especially like to hear from the Horans and anyone who went to St. John the Evangelist. After reading so many of the comments, it brought back so many great memories. One thing I didn't hear about - does anyone remember the "club" on 7th Ave and 15th St. I think the Fox family kind of organized it. I remember we used to go there and dance and bands played there. My cousins are Georgette and Joann Magnavita from 20th St. too. Anybody out there?

Comments

• Subject: I'm here

Hi Barbara,

I'm out here in cyberland (actually Ronkonkoma, NY).....just returned from a full Labor Day weekend of kayaking in Rhode Island with a group called MASK. A few weeks ago, we did our annual 33 mile (all day paddle from Liberty Park across the harbor and then all around Manhattan island.

This is the first post I am trying since they moved the thread. Hope it works.

Did you see any of my earlier posts ?

Bob Horan
  • Subject: Email address

.....by the way, my email address is rhoran@optonline.net.

Bob Horan
  • Subject: Cousin Georgette & JoAnn

Barbara Gil, are you related to Jeanie Bianco. She married my cousin Robert?
  • I have been a bit reluctant to posting a blog, since I am not sure how many people actually remember me .. or care about what I have to say.. I have been reading all the posts for the past month, and listening to all the stories about the old neighborhood.. I have seen all the familiar names from the past, mentioning all the old stores and landmarks..I must say, it brings back tons of good memories..

Ralphie Trochheo - I am sure you must remember me, I lived at 318 19th st., my family was on the block for nearly 60 years... I remember your brother Anthony, Louie, your sister Anna Marie, who is my age, and I think you had an older sister as well.. I remember your mom and dad, and the Wildcats and Bonnevilles he always drove.. The reason I am answering this blog tonite is because ironic as it might sound, I dropped my youngest son off at PACE university in NYC today, and passed thru the old neighborhood.. I stood in front of my old home, which was nothing more than an empty lot that had been leveled.. You remember my house, the one across from PS 146, with the house setback and the attached garage.. Actually my grandparents house the Morro's.. As I strolled down the street I pointed out your old home to me wife Judy Giordano from 27 st., and I said, I knew the family that lived here, the Trochheo's...
  • Subject: Hi Barbara Elardo

Saw your post and wanted to say hello. You have to get Eddie on here. Miss him. Janet
  • If I click my heels three times do you think we'll get back home?
  • Subject: You are right.....

I think that's the solution.
  • Subject: DAILYSLOPE

OMG JUST PUT YOUR FIRST LETTER OF YOUR NAME AND U WILL C YOUR ENTIRE NAME COME UP CLICK ON YOUR NAME AND IT WILL GO IN YOU DONT HAVE TO TYPE YOUR ENTIRE NAME
    DAILY SLOPE ONCE THAT IS IN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO NEXT TIME IS PRESS D AND DAILYSLOPE WILL COME UP CLICK ON IT
    PRESS 4 IN THE NEXT BOX AND THE ENTIRE # WILL COME UP BELOW CLICK ON IT IT IS ALITTLE MORE WORK THAN THE OTHER ONE BUT FOR NOW UNTIL I GO TO APPLE AND SEE HOW I CAN STRT MY OWN BLOG LIKE THE OTHER WE WILL BE OUTER HERE
    SOMEONE IS MAKING BIG BIG MONEY OFF OF US AND I DONT LIKE IT..LOL TERRY
  • Subject: Park Slope Blog

Charlie Miele - Do you remeber me, from 19 st. playing softball against you and Vinny Aversano, at the seafarers lot and the 40 St. league..my team.. Tommy Reilly, Joey Cisco, Jimmy Uccio...etc..I too, live very close to you.. I am right by the Jackson Outlets... We moved to Central N.J., 25 years ago when my daughter was only 2...I have a large home on 2 acres of land... We should get together, we could talk about old times..I am a Global IT MGR, for a major Computer company, managing all JPMC IT infrastructure Globally.. I saw your cousin Stephanie, a few years ago at the St. Johns school closing.. I married Judy Giordano from 27 st..

Anthony Gagliardi - Do you remember playing softball with me and Tommy Reilly on 40 St. .. Mike D'Ambra, Junior, Joey Cisco, Jimmy Uccio, all on that team..I played shortstop, I think you caught ?

Pat Gagliardi - I remember chasing you down 6th ave, throwing sno-balls at you while on your way to and from Marie Ann D'ambra's... I had the largest crush on you .. !

Itcher - I know you saw my cousin in one of the outlet stores in Jackson, and you asked about me... I am fine as I know you are , and was happy to hear your son is going to Harvard..I live very close to the outlet stores..

Nilda - Tommy and his brother Danny were very good friends of mine..I know them since I am 9 or 10 years old.. I have not seen Tommy in about 10 years.. I know he is confined to a wheel chair, very sad.. Danny, I don't know where he is..They also had a sister..

Joey Deleo and Mike D'atollo - I saw Mike in a bar in Long Branch, Nj, about 2 years ago.. Joey Deleo, I know you saw my wife recently, I would love to see you and John Guzzo... !
  • Subject: Communicate

Terry (TAS),

You should try to get this message out to as many people as possible. It is too bad that this instruction wasn't sent out before the switch was made.

One thing you might do as a start is to copy and paste your message below and post it on all of the current posts asking people to reply from now on to one specific post.

Bob Horan
  • Subject: Communication

Terry,

Please try to have this information communicated to as many people as possible. You should select one post to use as a thread and put a message at the end of the other posts asking people:
    1) Reply only to that one post
    2) Do not start a new post

Bob Horan
  • Subject: dailyslope

HELP I AM STRILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW AND WHERE MY NAME WILL COME UP AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I PUT THE FIRST LETTER IN. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN SLOWLY THANX, :? [/b]
  • Subject: HOW TO GET ON

PATSY KIRK,

ANN WALTON SAID JUST TO REGISTER I CANT BECAUSE IM HAVING A PROBLEM. IF YOU TYPED YOUR USER NAME AND SUBJECT (DAILYSLOPE) ANDTHAT 45PY7X THE NEXT TIME YOU GO ON IF YOU PUT YOUR FIRST LETTER OF YOUR USER NAME LOOK BELOW IT AND U WILL C YOUR ENTIRE NAME JUST CLICK ON IT, NEXT GO TO SUBJECT CLICK THE FIRST LETTER OF DAILY SLOPE AND IT WILL COME UP CLICK AND IT WILL GET TYPED IN GO TO CODE PRESS 4 AND THE ENTIRE NUMBER WILL COME UP CLICK
    COUSIN TERRY
  • Subject: I'M GONE

OK THATS IT,THIS SUCKS ITS BAD ENOUGH I FAILED TYPING CLASS AND PASSED COOKING CLASS.MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS TO HIGH FOR THIS SITE.SO I'LL END OFF BY SAYING IF ANYBODY WANTS TO GET A HOLD OF ME I'M AT ENDRESULTSTUDIO @AOL.COM 718 791 4290

SEE YOU ALL AT THE REUNION
    RALPH MARSELLA
  • Subject: daily slope

oops, sorry don't know how that happend....hopefully I will figure it out soon.....not working by just typing first letter....

Marie Elena
    how did you do it????
  • Subject: DAILY SLOPE

TERRY THANX I TRIED BUT IT DOESN'T WORK. NO BIG DEAL HAPPY TO BE ON THE SITE, :D
  • I have been a bit reluctant to posting a blog, since I am not sure how many people actually remember me .. or care about what I have to say.. I have been reading all the posts for the past month, and listening to all the stories about the old neighborhood.. I have seen all the familiar names from the past, mentioning all the old stores and landmarks..I must say, it brings back tons of good memories..

Ralphie Trochheo - I am sure you must remember me, I lived at 318 19th st., my family was on the block for nearly 60 years... I remember your brother Anthony, Louie, your sister Anna Marie, who is my age, and I think you had an older sister as well.. I remember your mom and dad, and the Wildcats and Bonnevilles he always drove.. The reason I am answering this blog tonite is because ironic as it might sound, I dropped my youngest son off at PACE university in NYC today, and passed thru the old neighborhood.. I stood in front of my old home, which was nothing more than an empty lot that had been leveled.. You remember my house, the one across from PS 146, with the house setback and the attached garage.. Actually my grandparents house the Morro's.. As I strolled down the street I pointed out your old home to me wife Judy Giordano from 27 st., and I said, I knew the family that lived here, the Trochheo's...
  • Charlie Miele - Do you remeber me, from 19 st. playing softball against you and Vinny Aversano, at the seafarers lot and the 40 St. league..my team.. Tommy Reilly, Joey Cisco, Jimmy Uccio...etc..I too, live very close to you.. I am right by the Jackson Outlets... We moved to Central N.J., 25 years ago when my daughter was only 2...I have a large home on 2 acres of land... We should get together, we could talk about old times..I am a Global IT MGR, for a major Computer company, managing all JPMC IT infrastructure Globally.. I saw your cousin Stephanie, a few years ago at the St. Johns school closing.. I married Judy Giordano from 27 st..

Anthony Gagliardi - Do you remember playing softball with me and Tommy Reilly on 40 St. .. Mike D'Ambra, Junior, Joey Cisco, Jimmy Uccio, all on that team..I played shortstop, I think you caught ?

Pat Gagliardi - I remember chasing you down 6th ave, throwing sno-balls at you while on your way to and from Marie Ann D'ambra's... I had the largest crush on you .. !

Itcher - I know you saw my cousin in one of the outlet stores in Jackson, and you asked about me... I am fine as I know you are , and was happy to hear your son is going to Harvard..I live very close to the outlet stores..

Nilda - Tommy and his brother Danny were very good friends of mine..I know them since I am 9 or 10 years old.. I have not seen Tommy in about 10 years.. I know he is confined to a wheel chair, very sad.. Danny, I don't know where he is..They also had a sister..

Joey Deleo and Mike D'atollo - I saw Mike in a bar in Long Branch, Nj, about 2 years ago.. Joey Deleo, I know you saw my wife recently, I would love to see you and John Guzzo... !
  • Subject: Until next week...

Goodnight all...

WELL, THIS NEW SITE HAS BEEN JUST DANDY. WHAT A WAY TO END THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD WEEKEND. I WILL SAY GOODNITE NOW. I DO HOPE THIS SITE IS ON HERE TOMORROW. I'M EXHAUSTED WITH THIS. LOL :lol: [/b]
  • Hi Barbara Elardo (Gill),

Rita told me that you were coming on here. I hope you're well. Say hi to Eddie, your husband and kids.

Instructions to the right page are as follows:

Go to the bottom of the page and hit "Brooklyn Back When"

Then look through all the topics until you see "DAILYSLOPE"

Go into that topic and stay there. Most people are in that "topic".

I hope this helps.
    :roll:
    Patty
  • Subject: daily slope

GOOD MORNING ALL THIS SITE IS CRAZY. ANYWAY, JAMSEY OLIVA E-MAILED ME THIS MORNING I WAS SO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM HIM WE WILL BE GETTING TOGETHER SOON. HE IS A BAY RIDGEITE LIKE ME WE ARE PRATICALLY NEIGHBORS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM TALK LATER AT WORK NOW. HAVE A GREAT DAY :)
  • Subject: Terry Everyone is going to have to get used to this

Hello Everyone. Do not hit new topic, just click reply.

At this point I have all the memories I can handle. When we all see each other at he reunion we can tell all the stories we want to.. Of course that beautiful blog had to be ruined, the same way Park Slope has been ruined.
    Glass Towers on 23rd street. St John's a Condo etc etc.

Do we get any of the advertising money that comes up on our topics???

I will stay in touch with my sister Christina for now on.. See you all at the reunion.
  • Subject: Milkboy # 1

Does any other graduate of St. John the Evangelist remember volunteering to deliver milk to the classrooms ? The kid who showed up first got the "best route" (list of classrooms).
  • Terry Angelo:
    What the hell is going on. I like the old way better, but I do know how to use the computer very well. I'm so glad we are still able to communicate. Love ya, see you at the reunion.
  • ANTHONY,
    I LIKE THE OLD WAY BETTER. NO ONE HATES CHANGE MORE THAN ME. I WILL GIVE THIS A TRY SINCE I KNOW HOW TO DO IT NOW. LOVE TERRY
  • Subject: i think i found it/i hope i found it

hi all, hope this finds it way. more importantly, i hope i find it AGAIN!! terry - how was your bbq? you know, it didn't dawn on me to pay for my sisters, duh!! anyway they're both coming.

hey admin person - do you think it'd be possible to delete the oldest entries on the dailyslope blog this way we could go back to using that one?? thanks.

happy september everyone!!

karen
  • EVERYONE I AM T BONE IT IS ME TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN. ANTHONY MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT.. SOMONE IS MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS LIKE I SAID BEFORE. WHEN I GO TO APPLE FOR TRAINING I WILL LEARN HOW TO START A BLOG LIKE WE HAD. THE ADMIN. SEEMS VERY NICE AND HE HELPED ME A LOT TO GET BACK ON. FOR NOW LETS USE THIS AND LET SOME NEW PARKSLOPER OR YUPPIE MAKE MONEY. WHO CARES WE WERE POOR AS KIDS AND IM STILL NOT RICH.BUT...IM RICH CAUSE I HAVE YOU, TWIGGY JAMSIE AND EVERYONE THAT WE GREW UP WITH. LOVE YA TERRY ANGELO

ANTHONY OLIVA PLEASE COME BACK ON THE BLOG. :cry:

bob horan i delivered milk and pretzels to classrooms in st. john's chocolate milk was the best. :)
  • Subject: How to.....

Hi everyone...I know everyone is having problems with this new site. The biggest thing is you have to retype everything all over again. The way to fix that is (and this may be a little different on each computer). You have to go into "Tools" then "Internet Options" go to either "Content" or "Privacy" depending on your computer then you have to look for "Auto Complete" which stores previous entries and suggests matches for you. Uses for "Auto Complete" and they will have a list of options, click on all the options. Hope this helps. If you need further help you can email me at benji422@hotmail.com Judy
  • just testing to see if i am doing this right. Hope so. :shock:

HI WHERE IS EVERYONE I'M LONELY :cry: [/b]
  • JUDY,
    THREE IS NOT A PROBLEM ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REGISTER AND YOU DONT HAVE TO SIGN IN ALL THE TIME. IF YOU SIGN IN YOU WL NOT BE A GUEST. I SIGNED ON THIS ALONG TIME AGO UNDER T-BONE SO THS IS ME T-BONE TERRY ANGELO. KAREN PERROTTA IS COMING TO THE REUNION
  • PATSY,
    I AM HERE...COUSIN TERRY
  • JUDY,
    WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. JUST REGISTER
  • Subject: Am I Here?

I;m having a hard time figuring this out. Am I here!?!

Sal

hi sal glad you joined us. this web site is like a ghost town. i am not liking it too much. well, we have to make the best of it. welcome aboard. hoping everyon comes back soon :o
  • SALLY EARS,
    YOU ARE HERE REGISTER AND YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET ON EACH TIME. ITS FREE LOVE TERRY ANGELO
    WHAT I DO UNTIL MY SON COMES HOME FROM COLLEGE TO SHOW ME TH EASY WAY IS.......I GO BACK TO OUR OLD SITE AND GO TO THE LAST BLOG THE ADMINISTRATOR. I CLICK ON THE SITE ON HS NAME AND IT TAKES RIGHT TO THIS SITE. GO TO STICKY DAILYLSLOPE PLEASE POST HERE AND YOU WILL GET BACK HERE. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND BUT JOIN AND YOU DONT HAVE TO SIGN IN ALL THE TIME
  • LITTLE BY LITTLE WE WILL FIND EACH OTHER
  • Hi everyone. Just dropping in to help.

Currently this discussion can be found on the Brooklyn Back When page here

http://brooklynian.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=175

You can either bookmark this page or just copy it down so you can later type it into your address bar.

DAILYSLOPE is the new long 'thread' that we are posting a reply to here. It's the top discussion title on the link above.

As you can see it's now up to 2 pages. You can change to the previous page by clicking on "previous" or "1" "2" etc.

To reply/comment to this just press "postreply" on the left bottom of the screen. Fill out the Name, Subject, enter 45py7x in the box following, and fill out your message. Then click SUBMIT.

don't stress, you'll get the hang of it in no time and you'll find that this will actually let you do a few fun things too! Welcome, please share more of your great stories! :sunny: :cheers:
  • I think I got it.

HI ALL ARE WE OKAY ? PLEASE SOMEONE WRITE BACK. I FEEL LIKE I AM IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE :)[/b]
  • You got it working fine Patsy ;)
    If you are registered (like T-Bone is) you can click on the words on the bottom of this page "Watch this topic for replies" it will send you an email to the email account you registered with and let you know that someone has posted something new.

Looking forward to all your stories
  • Seems relatively easy to get on to this new blog. Looking forward to the 21st. :D
  • Subject: Facebook Group Created

Why don't we try facebook like twiggy said, this is confusing. Go to www.facebook.com and register for free. I created a park slope group on facebook which is easy to post to. When you register on facebook search my name Terry Angelo and you will find my page as well as the the group called THE REAL PARK SLOPE / SOUTH BROOKLYN. It is easy to write and log in. Its worth a try!
  • HI,
    I think im on Terry is helping me but now she cant go on i think we should all go back to school :lol:
  • Judy Occhiogrosso wrote: HI,
    I think im on Terry is helping me but now she cant go on i think we should all go back to school :lol:
    If you mean that you two are both using the same computer, you have to log out and then Terry will need to log in to post. Across the white block at the top of each page, there is a list of options across the bottom -- "Neighborhoods," "Stuff," etc. If you're logged in, one of the options will say "Logout [your user name]" -- click there to log out and let another person log in.
  • APOLLONIA666
    no we are not that stupid. she is in florida and i am in new york i was teaching her to log on. i got lost somewhere but now i am back. is that my favorite guy prince under your name. love it love i love it.
  • ok where is everyone.. lets get with it and take our neighborhood back. (at least on here) LOL
    ONCE YOU GET ON YOU WILL LIKE IT AFTER A FEW HEADACHES LIKE I HAVE RIGHT NOW LOVE TERRY ANGELO
  • Subject: Existentialism

Sally "Ears" posts an age old existential question: "Am I here ?"

If there are no responses to your post on this blog, do you really exist ?

Well, if you remember me and want to contact me, my email is rhoran@optonline.net.

There are many names from my past, some of whom may no longer be with us. I was saddened to learn that Ron Ardito from The Shirts died earlier this year. He and I were kids together in the same house. His family lived in the apartment in my mother's two family house on 20th Street. Ron and other folks from the neighborhood formed the punk rock group The Shirts and they played for the first time at CBGBs around the same time that Patti Smith debuted there. They were actually fairly well known and members of the band played again in recent years (as well as forming a couple of other bands). At one point, Ron was the manager at CBGBs. As many of you may know, CBGBs itself closed recently - forced out by a money-hungry landlord and Hilly, the club's owner died shortly of cancer (as did Ron months later).

At any rate, back to Sally "Ears" question. I actually do believe I exist but if you want to prove it to me, answer this post and/or email me.

Bob Horan
  • COME ON OLD SLOPERS MAMASITA WANTS TO HEAR MORE OF OUR FUNSTORIES GROWING UP IN THE SLOPE. DONT GIVE UP WE CAN DO THIS AND ACE BOOK. I SOUND LIKE A PRO AND I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL I AM DOING. NOW LETS SEE IF I CAN PUT A SMILE ON THIS LOL TERRY ANGELO :D
  • I MEAN FACE BOOK I STILL CANT TYPE...
  • This site is friggin confusing......I registered as EVERYONE recommended, but since I registered i could not get on...it kept saying that the username was already being used. Well anyway I emailed the Admin and he helped me set up an account..

I didn't mean to be confusing before I was just trying to help...because sometimes you have to enable the computer to let you just type in for example Ju and anything you ever typed with Ju will come up...it just saves time to put all the information in everytime you log in....but now all I am doing is on the bottom of the page I just start typing in the "quick reply" box....

Karen T.----glad to hear you are going to the reunion. Now we have to work on Laura, Jolene, Diane and Annette.
  • is this working test test test :(
  • Subject: phew! finally figured it out

Thank goodness!!!! How is everyone? I hope all is well. I finally got this to work and wanted to say a few words. Had a great Labor Day. Hope you all did as well. Take care, Lizzie
  • JUDY,
    IM STILL CONFUSED BUT IM ON
  • CAROL CASTALDO,
    THANK GOD YOU ARE ON. LOVE, TERRY
  • Subject: Terry

hi terry

My sister Joyce is trying to show me how to use this site. I get very confused when i have3 to use the web. but i learn. talk to you soon. love ya carol

[/list]
  • Subject: Am I really here ?

I tried to post this earlier and will try again now....

Sally "Ears" raised an age old existential question about the very meaning of existence "Am I here ?".

If I post a message and nobody answers or sends me an email (at rhoran@optonline.net) do I really exist ?

There are many names which come to mind from the early years and I want to say a little about Ron Ardito. He lived upstairs from us in my mother's two family house at 352 20th Street and we played together as kids. Years later he and some other folks from our neighborhood formed the punk rock band The Shirts which played at CBGBs (Bowery) about the same time that Patti Smith debuted there. They were fairly well known and made several albums. I saw them play live at a few different places, the first of which was at CBGBs at a concert attended by a number of people from the neighborhood. I was saddened to learn that Ron died from cancer earlier this year. Last year was a sad year for CBGBs also; forced out by a money-hungry landlord and then months later Hilly (club owner) died from cancer himself.

It would be good to hear from some of those people I spent time with in Park Slope back then. So, feel free to prove that I exist by answering this post or emailing me at rhoran@optonline.net.

Bob Horan
  • T-Bone51 wrote: APOLLONIA666
    no we are not that stupid. she is in florida and i am in new york i was teaching her to log on. i got lost somewhere but now i am back. is that my favorite guy prince under your name. love it love i love it.
    I didn't mean to say you were! :) Some folks just seem pretty confused by switching from a blog comment system to a message board, so I was going pretty basic.

I think folks will eventually figure this stuff out and find this is really a better way for this many people to communicate, once they all get used to it. And I'm looking forward to reading some of the stories you guys have!

And yup, that's Prince - back in the early days when he had Farrah Fawcett hair! :)
  • Subject: ooops

Ooops.....it turns out the two versions of my post appeared at the same time. Well, at least I proved to myself that I exist.....just need someone else to confirm that by answering this post or emailing me.

Bob Horan
  • Subject: Re: ooops

Bob Horan wrote: Ooops.....it turns out the two versions of my post appeared at the same time. Well, at least I proved to myself that I exist.....just need someone else to confirm that by answering this post or emailing me.

Bob Horan
    You exist!! :)
  • LIZZIE,
    IS THAT YOU LIZZIE JOY. TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN
  • Subject: Where are they ?

I know there are some folks out there who know me. One post reply from Barbara Elardo. References to Rita Negri who reportedly is aware of the blog but hasn't written a word. Veiled references to Eddie Elardo and to his relatives who moved in to the apartment in my mother's house sometime after Ron Ardito's family moved out. Shadows ? :?:

Bob Horan
  • BOB,
    IT IS TAS WHERE IS EVERYONE? ARDITO I KNEW JOSEPH ARDITO THEY HAVE TO BE RELATED. MY MOM WAS GOOD FRIEND WITH HIS MOM ANN.
    ****JUS WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I SEE YA AND HEAR YA LOVE TERY ANGELO (aka tas)
  • Subject: Ardito

Hi TAS,

Sure, Ann Ardito and her sons Joseph and Ronnie lived in the apartment in my mom's house. My mother Jo Horan was friends with all of the women in the neighborhood.....I joked about her telling the kids she had been a female wrestler named "Killer" and jumping out from behind the door with a stocking on her head at Halloween. She liked to joke around and was very sociable. She continued to spend time with Ann Ardito and the other ladies in the neighborhood for many years and, in fact, when she had her stroke at the end, she had been out with the ladies having a good time.

Bob Horan
  • Once you get used to the format you an then add your pictures. Here's my mom and grandpa (Wyckoff St, 1944)
    Photobucket
  • APOLLONIA666,
    I THINK YOU ARE CORRECT, ONCE YOU LEARN HOW TO GET ON IT IS SO EASY. COME GUYS GET ON AND LETS TERRY ANGELO

HI GUYS. GUESS WHAT? I E-MAILED JAMSEY OLIVA THIS MORNING. HE CALLED ME ON MY CELLPHONE AND WE WENT TO DINNER TONITE. AND BETTER THAN THAT, HE SURPRISED ME AND HAS HIS BROTHER ANTHONY COME TOO FROM LONG ISLAND. WE THREE SPENT ABOUT 2 HRS TOGETHER AT SKIN FLINTS REST AND WE HAD A MEMORY SESSION. IT WAS SO COOL TO SEE THE OLIVA BROS. ONCE MORE. WE PROMISED WE WILL KEEP IN TOUCH FROM NOW ON. CANNOT EAIT TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE REUNION. :)
  • :) hi all good evening

testing and checking to see that it works ...................hope so

carol if you can do i can your sister

HI ROZ AND CAROL WELCOME BACK :)
  • Subject: I'm Here

I'm writing this as a "guest." Will have to research how to officially sign up.
  • Subject: Terry Ann

Terry Ann--I just wanted to say that I enjoy your posts. Your humor and personality come through and you try to incorporate everybody into the blog.
    Great job!
    Marilyn Horan
  • STACEY,
    WE CAN PUT PHOTOS ON HERE HOW DO WE DO IT. I SEE YOU HAVE A FORMAT. IF I WANTED TO SEE YOUR GRANDPA HOW DO WE DO IT. TERRY
  • MARILYN, MARILYN, MARILYN,
    SOME OF MY FAMILY IS BACK. MARIBONE DID WE CALL YOU THAT IT SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR. SIGN UP IT IS SO MUCH EASIER. NO SIGNING IN JUST TYPE YOUR QUICK REPLY GOTTA GO TO BED MY LITTLE MIA DAVI WILL BE HERE AT 7AM TOMORROW READY TO EAT PLAY AND WATCH SESAME STREET. I AM EXHAUSTED. WISH IT WAS THE OLD DAYS GOING TO THE SEESAW AND SWINGS ON PROSPECT AVENUE. LOVE TERRY
  • I AM SO EXCITED. I REALLY AM DOING THIS NOW. I STILL LIKE THE OTHER ONE BETTER BUT NOW WE HAVE NEW FRIENDS AND NEW PARKSLOPERS TO TALK TO. I AM EXPANDING MY HORIZONS LOL TERRY
  • Subject: Registered !

Hey Marilbone,

I'm registered now and not just a "guest". Still looking for some replies from other folks out there.

Bob
  • T-Bone51 wrote: STACEY,
    WE CAN PUT PHOTOS ON HERE HOW DO WE DO IT. I SEE YOU HAVE A FORMAT. IF I WANTED TO SEE YOUR GRANDPA HOW DO WE DO IT. TERRY
    You must first upload your pictures to an image hosting site.
    http://www.photobucket.com is a fine one

if you don't feel like making an account for such a site you can upload individual images at http://www.tinypic.com

the good thing about photobucket account is that you have an album and your pics are always there.

once you have uploaded the image, look for the link that is surrounded by [IMG] tags, it will usually say link for forums. then copy that link and paste it here and voila you have posted your picture.

BOB HORAN HI HOW R U I USED TO LIVE ON THE SAME BLOCK I WAS MARRIED TO NAT GUIDO FOR 19 YRS. WE HAVE 2 GROWN CHILDREN TOGETHER. YOUR MOM AND WHOLE FAMILY WERE GREAT. ANYWAY, CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO REGISTER.ITHOUGHT I DID, BUT GUESS NOT THANX, :)
  • Hi Patsy this is my last blog here. It was great to see you. I actually came from NJ, I went to vist Geri. The timing was perfect I was on my way home so all I had to do is stop in Bay Ridge. I can't tell you how many nights I walked from Skinflints on 5th to my apartment on 4th and 79th. I often had to drive one block, as I was too drunk to walk. BTW that was a joke. Good bye blog. I'm going to FaceBook, I reccomend everyone else does too.
  • Subject: registering

Hi Patsy,

Yes, I do know you.....and, of course, Nat and I were friends for years. spent a lot of time in his house when we were growing up.

One of my most vivid memories is of a party in Nat's house and dancing to records. this is such a vivid memory that I can recall details like smell, touch and movement.....(hard to explain easily). As if I were still there (again, not easy to explain).

Back to your question. Registering is easy. Just go to the top of this page, click on register and follow the directions.

Bob Horan (aka Kayakbob)

THANKS BOB I WILL TRY TOMORROW :o

GOOD NITE ALL WORK TOMORROW :)
  • Terry,
    Disregard the email I sent you, I think I got it now! What I did to make it easier everyone was once I got into site with the blogs, I hit favorites and put it onto my toolbar, so when you you go to go on just hit the tool bar and it should come right up. I guess Florida hasn't fried my brains as yet!

Ter, Please send my the info on Yacht Club
    Thanks
    Judy :cheers:
  • Oh Boy I messed up talk about frying brains, My message came up under my husbands name, It's me Judy Occhiogrosso
    I dont know why its coming up Richie? :oops:
  • ANTHONY,
    STOP IT STOP IT...STAY ON HERE IT ISNT SO BAD BUT WE CAN DO FACEBOOK TOO. MY COLLEGE KID SAID MA HOW EMBARRASSING YOU ARE ON FACE BOOK.. TOO BAD. AND......I HAVE ALOT O FRIENDS ON FACBOOK NOW. I AM NEVER GROW OLD....
    JUDY,
    I HELPED YOU WHAT HAPPENED. I LL CALL YOU WHEN THE BABY TAKES A NAP AND GET YOU BACK ON AS JUDY NOT RICHIE. LOVE TERRY
  • Terry- Good Morning- I can't stand the T-Bone 51 thing. It's not a fitting name for you. You're Terry A. You can't want that for anonimity because you sign your name at the end of everypost you make. LOL --

I'll stay on here because you and Patsy asked me to. In fact I don't think it's too bad.
    How is everything going with the plans for the reunion? Is everthing squared away?
    I spent the early morning yesterday talking to Christina aka as Twiggy, then I went to Jersey to visit my sister Geri and my brother Paul, then Jamesy called me while I was in Jersey to tell me he was going to meet Patsy Miele in Bay Ridge, so I went there at 5pm. It was great to see Patsy again.

After Patsy I went to Jamesy's place and had a lively discussion about life in general. Then, Deetsy called and we had lot's of laughs with him, passing the phone back and forth.

Deetsy has plenty of his own memories. Al Tag, Frankie Pesce, 22nd Street between 4th and 5th. etc. He'll be at the reunion with Lucia

We are up to about 300 post already in this dreaded format, so we might as well overwhelme this blog as well.

One more thing then I'm going to the beach. Where is my sister Christina?
    Is she not blogging anymore?

I want everone to do me a big favor. Have the greatest day you've ever had in your lifes.

GOOD MORNING ALL

ANTHONY OLIVA I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE STAYING ON HERE WITH US. WE WILL LITTLE BY LITTLE GET EVERYONE BACK ON. IT WAS SOOOO AWESOME SEEING YOU AND JAMSEY YESTERDAY. I WILL CALL YOU BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK. LOVE YOU LOTS :)

HI TERRY (CUZ) I TRIED FACE BOOK, IT'S OK LIKE THIS BETTER. WE HAVE TO HELP EVERYONE GET BACK ON.

WHERE'S AUNT CAROL :0
    WHERE IS MY BROTHER CHARLIE? I NEED TO GET THEM BACK ON HERE
  • Subject: Re: DAILYSLOPE <-- POST HERE PLEASE!

Has everyone heard that Ronnie Ardito died last year? I tried to copy & paste the article on here, but the site wouldn't allow it, Janet. My brother Bob sent it to me. I am just shocked, Janet

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Ron Ardito Memorial Hootenanny

The Ron Ardito Memorial Hootenanny,
    "A celebration of his life and music "
    will be held Friday January 18 at 8 p.m. at the Rainbow Cafe, Sunset Park.

The Rainbow Cafe
    3904 5th Ave ( 39th St and 5th Ave )
    Sunset Park, Brooklyn
    phone 718-435-0400

I FINALLY JUST REGISTERED. IT WAS EASY.

THANX BOB HORAN FOR HELPING ME OUT. I LIKE THE IDEA THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP PUTTING MY NAME IN. TYPE FIRST LETTER AND IT COMES UP AUTOMATICALLY. EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE A MINUTE OUT AND REGISTER. :lol: :D
  • hi i registered it still says guest instead of newbie. :?: [/b]
  • JANET,
    I AM TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH JOE ARDITO. MY SON TEACHES WITH A FRIEND OF HIS. I DONT REMEMBER RON IS HE OLDER. THIS GIRL STACEY ABOVE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO GET I ON HERE SHE GAVE US INFO ON HOW TO PUT OUR PHOTOSO N. LOVE TERRY ANGELO
  • Subject: Done

OK, hopefully I am registered now and will be able to maneuver around this site, Janet
  • ANTHONY O,
    I HAVE TO USE T BONE BECAUSE I JOINED THIS IN APRIL TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE NEVER THOUGHT WE WOULD BE USNG THIS I CANT CHANGE IT NOW.SO.....IM T-BONE TERRY ANGELO SHERMAN LOL. I LIKE THIS NOW I AM GETTING USED TO IT. FACEBOOK I AM STILL LEARNING AND THIS WE ARE MEETING NEW PEOPLE. THE NEW PARK SLOPERS THAT LIVE WHERE WE GREW UP. LIKE I SAID LAST NIGHT I AM EXPANDING MY HORIZONS BUT MEANT I AM BROADENING MY HORIZONS.
    SPOKE TO JAMSIE SO LONG LAST NIGHT THAT THE BARS ON MY CELL PHONE WERE ALMOST GONE. LOVE YOU AND TALK TO YOU SOON...TERRY
  • JANET,
    YOU ARE...SEE BELOW YOUR NAME IT SAYS NEWBIE. AND YOU HAVE 2 POSTS. LOVE TERRY
  • PATSY,
    YOU MIGHT HAVE TO LOG IN AGAIN DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD IF SO CHECK LOGIN CUZ TERRY
  • TWIGGY,
    WHER ARE YOU WRITING NAME TAGS. :)
    LOVE TERRY
  • Subject: Joseph Ardito/ The Shirts' Ronnie Ardito

T-Bone ??? I just spoke to Joe Ardito and tried unsuccessfully to get him interested in this blog. He said his brother was diafnosed with cancer in May 2007 and died in January. He was married. His cousins (the Racciapos and Piccolos) are still in NY. I looked him up in an old Brooklyn phone book and he is in Bay Ridge, Janet
    T-Bone51 wrote: JANET,
    I AM TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH JOE ARDITO. MY SON TEACHES WITH A FRIEND OF HIS. I DONT REMEMBER RON IS HE OLDER. THIS GIRL STACEY ABOVE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO GET I ON HERE SHE GAVE US INFO ON HOW TO PUT OUR PHOTOSO N. LOVE TERRY ANGELO
This discussion has been closed.