Barbara Spencer here — Brooklynian

Barbara Spencer here

Subject: I'm here, but I don't like it!

Hello. Barbara Spencer here. I found it! Liked the other board much better. Anyway, see you all at the reunion.

Comments

• hi barbara. i'm a board mod. i found your other post on the main park slope board, but i moved it here.

seems like most people are posting in this thread: http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45182

welcome!
  • BARBARA,
    WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU. THANKS SWEET TEA OUR GROUP IS STILL ALITTLE LOST. BARBARA IF YOU ARE HERE I LEFT A MESSAGE ON BROOKLYN BACK WHEN YOU HAVE TO LOG IN AGIAN PROBABLY THAT IS WHY U ARE A GUEST AGAIN.. HEY SWEET TEA I WANT TO CALL YOU SWEET PEA. ANYWAY YOU ARE WELCOE IN BROOKLYN ANYTIME. IT IS DIFFERENT NOW BUT WHEN WE GREW UP IF YOU READ THE DAILYSLOPE IT WAS A FUN TIME GROWING UP THERE WITH NO MONEY NO ANYTHING. TERRY
    PS WHAT DOES THE JEWISH MEAN?????
  • heh, you can call me sweet pea -- just don't call me sweat tea, like some folks around here.

"the jewish" is a big apartment building in crown heights/prospect heights. it's the old "jewish hospital of brooklyn", affectionately (?) known as the jewish.

seems like some of you live in staten island now -- anybody live in the area near rossville/woodrow? that's the only part of the island i know even a little bit, because i'm writing about a couple places there.
  • HEY SWEET PEA,
    I LIVE IN S.I. NOW BUT BKLYN IS THE PLACE. EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONLY OVER THE BRIDGE PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT.. ANYWAY I GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE SO IT DOES NOT BOTHER ME I MAKE FRIENDS EASY. ROSSVILLE/WOODROW IS MUCH FURTHER OUT. SOME PEOPLE ON OUR THREAD PROBABLY KNOW AND LIVE OVER THERE I NEED GPS JUST TO GET AROUND THE LITTLE ISLAND. TOO CONFUSING FOR ME. BKLYN MOST OF YOUR STREETS ARE NUMBERED SO IT IS EASIER. LOVE TBONE

OH I AM GOING TO WRITE A BOOK SOMEDAY AND IT IS GOING TO BE CALLED "YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF BROOKLYN BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE BROOKLYN OUT OF THE GIRL" AND THATS ME I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT....LOL
  • Subject: South Brooklyn Park Slope Sunset Park

It was just a little bit of "Heaven". Sadly, the time passed too fast!
    BROOKLYN
  • Subject: Reunion

Tbone:

I spoke to Camille Marriello - Johnny Dog's sister. She said she will tell her brother Anthony (lives in SI) about reunion and she will try to be there --- and will pay you at door (if she can make it).

She said Johnny would love to be there but cannot walk.
This discussion has been closed.