Thanksgiving bird — Brooklynian

Thanksgiving bird

Does anyone know of a place in PS/PH/CH that sells good roasted chicken or turkey? Something I could preorder before Thanksgiving, since my kitchen isn't really big enough for all that baking.

Having the family over for the first time :shock:

Thanks

Comments

• choice market

choice always has good rotisserie chickens. they also have holiday menus available for pre-order take out. i'm sure they'd have turkey... and many other good options, in case the whole meal is still daunting even with the bird taken care of. if memory servesl, they are usually open till ~ 3 pm on major holidays.

i would advise against ordering from jive turkey on thanksgiving, though it seems the logical neighborhood choice. a few years ago, one of my friends had to wait there for hours past the scheduled pickup time, and when she eventually received it, her turkey was not cooked properly (ice on the inside - dangerously inedible). another friend was told his order simply could not be filled. jive turkey did give him a free turkey on the following saturday, but that didn't save thanksgiving afternoon. deep-fried turkey's a treat for sure, it just seems they over-commit on the holiday...
  • apparently union market will prepare a turkey and sides for you. swing by, though, to get pricing as I'm sure it can be extreme there. then again, not sure if they can whip whole paycheck's ass.
  • Excellent, thanks! I'll check with both Choice and Union. Is Choice Market on Lafayette, or is there another location?
  • yes, choice market is on lafayette and grand.

(the new shop, choice greene, is - surprisingly - not yet open).
  • Subject: Re: Thanksgiving bird

Ridonkulous wrote: Does anyone know of a place in PS/PH/CH that sells good roasted chicken or turkey? Something I could preorder before Thanksgiving, since my kitchen isn't really big enough for all that baking.

Having the family over for the first time :shock:

Thanks
    Family over for the first time? Don't forget to buy some booze :lol:
  • Freshdirect will cater the whole thanksgiving feast for you as well as deliver it to your door. And, if memory serves, it was reasonably priced.
  • I thought Choice is also opening up a location on Atlantic bet Classon and Grand?Just saying for the future.
This discussion has been closed.