Firefly vodka - Brooklynian

Firefly vodka

edited 10:15AM in Brooklyn Booze
I want some.

Basically this company makes sweet tea flavored vodka that is all the rage in the southeast (where I'm from) and I have no clue where to buy it here. The website says they distribute to NY, and I called the distributor but haven't been able to get through. Has anyone seen this stuff anywhere?! It's REALLY popular in the southeast so I imagine it'll hit the rest of the country at some point (it came out about 6 months ago) but I'd love to get some for a dinner party im having in a few weeks!

Comments

• Brilliant minds think alike :-)

http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44279&highlight=sweet+tea

I still don't know where to get it :-(

However we can make some sweet tea and spike it!
  • Not sure if I saw the sweet tea version at Astor though. Southern Wine and Spirits in Syosset is the Firefly distributor for the NYC area. They could tell you where to buy it in the city.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-11506229-southern-wine-spirits-of-ny-syosset
  • Also, if it is handrafted, let LeNell know and she might order it.
  • I'm in Nashville now, and it's available everywhere. Let me know if you want a bottle ($19.00ish, I believe), and I'm happy to pick up a few to bring back. I was obsessively trying to find this stuff in NYC and finally had it in October when I came down for my sister's wedding. I'm not sure if it's distributed in NYC yet (the Firefly website is wrong)--Astor had the Firefly Muscadine vodka, but not the Sweet Tea vodka when last I looked. Just let me know, I'm down here until the 4th.
  • UrbanC, Have you tried it? Is it worth all the hype??

Also, oh man, Nashville. I love that place, I was convinced out of living there. But do love it.
  • It is REALLY good. I like it with just water and a squirt of lemon or with a bit of lemonade. I actually brought wayyyy too much home in October and kind of foundered on it, but I do think it's pretty awesome.

I love Nashville, too. We're back in Knoxville now and heading back to NY on Saturday. Let me know if you want some!
  • Subject: Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka Found!

I called Southern Wine and Spirits (the distributor) and found out that within Manhattan, they sold the most cases of Firefly Sweet Tea to Warehouse Wine and Spirits, at 735 Broadway. I found several bottles there for $19.99.

The distributor also told me they had sold cases to Wines on First (224 1st Ave.) and Sutton Wine Shop (403 E. 57th St.) - if you see Firefly there too please add a note to this thread.

If you're looking for the Muscadine Wine flavored Firefly vodka, visit Astor Wines & Spirits at 399 Lafayette St.

Enjoy everyone!
  • Muahahaha I have the bestest friend in the whole world who sent me a bottle of sweet tea firefly for my birthday from Charlotte! I shall partake this evening and report back tomorrow.
  • alafairnadia wrote: wtf is muscadine?
    Grapes, usually used in making dessert wines. Not a huge fan of firefly muscadine, but the sweet tea? Amazing.
  • SO
    I was in Prospect Wine Shop last night and happened to have the remaining drops of my bottle of Firefly with me (en route to a dinner party) and mentioned that they should stock it because people are looking for it. Apparently one of the managers was ringing me up because he tried a little bit, asked me to google it on his work comp, found the distributor and said he would order a case!! SO

Prospect wine shop (7th ave bt 8-9th st) should be carrying firefly soon! YIPPEE!
  • I'm not a fan of firefly the vodka (the tv show is awesome!), but I do like Prospect Wine Shop and have found things there that aren't commonly available like my favorite Finger Lakes wine Dr. Frank's.
  • VoodooNYC wrote: [quote=alafairnadia]wtf is muscadine?
    Grapes, usually used in making dessert wines. Not a huge fan of firefly muscadine, but the sweet tea? Amazing.

muscadet is great. just didn't realize it was the same as muscadine. I like the dry versions ( I think james has a great by-the-glass) well, cause they rule. and I had a great transition dessert on a tasting menu at babbo that involved muscadet jello with wild strawberries in it dressed in sparkling muscadet, served with sparkling muscadet (those who know me realize it's the first time I've eaten an entire dessert since, well, some other time and place). yum.

so. is the muscadine vodka sweet? or just flavored?
  • alafairnadia wrote: [quote=VoodooNYC][quote=alafairnadia]wtf is muscadine?

muscadet is great. just didn't realize it was the same as muscadine. I like the dry versions ( I think james has a great by-the-glass) well, cause they rule. and I had a great transition dessert on a tasting menu at babbo that involved muscadet jello with wild strawberries in it dressed in sparkling muscadet, served with sparkling muscadet (those who know me realize it's the first time I've eaten an entire dessert since, well, some other time and place). yum.

so. is the muscadine vodka sweet? or just flavored?

Actually muscadet and muscadine are two different animals. Muscadet = Loire Valley; muscadine = the southeastern US, principally NC and FL.
    I do like muscadet, muscadine, eh, not so much. The firefly muscadine vodka is on the sweetish side, but so is the sweet tea, and I adore (read would cause bodily harm to someone for) the sweet tea, so I guess it's all just a matter of taste and all that.
  • Carmen wrote: SO
    I was in Prospect Wine Shop last night and happened to have the remaining drops of my bottle of Firefly with me (en route to a dinner party) and mentioned that they should stock it because people are looking for it. Apparently one of the managers was ringing me up because he tried a little bit, asked me to google it on his work comp, found the distributor and said he would order a case!! SO

Prospect wine shop (7th ave bt 8-9th st) should be carrying firefly soon! YIPPEE!
    And I adore you more than ever, even though your actions are totally self-serving. And you'll most likely buy the entire case before I even get over to Prospect Wine.
  • hrm. so the vodka is sweet? I'll skip it. thanks for the info, darlin'!
  • VoodooNYC wrote: I adore (read would cause bodily harm to someone for) the sweet tea,
    aw, thanks! :oops: and to think we just met!

i do sometimes have that effect on people. not all the time, but
    I guess it's all just a matter of taste and all that
  • :D

It was really nice to meet you and your SO, by the way. And if you haven't tried your namesake vodka, you need to....
  • I know the guy who makes that stuff its they make it out in dundee http://lidestrifoods.com/dundee.htm maybe if you called the company you could track it down
  • Sterling Grapes on 5th across from Key Foods, now carries Firefly.
This discussion has been closed.