Pinot Noir - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pinot Noir

Got hooked on Pinot Noir recently and trying to find decent priced ones ($10-$20) to sample and commit to. Used to buy Little Penguin (Aussie) - can never find it anymore. Branched out to Mark West, Rodney Strong, Elk Cove - all good but looking for something that makes my socks roll up and down. Or is such a bargain that I can't NOT get it. SUGGESTIONS????

Comments

• You should try Pepperwood Grove PN. Really good and cost between $6.99 - $10.99 depending on where you buy.
  • Oregon has a boatload of delicious Pinot Noirs!
  • scarlett wrote: Oregon has a boatload of delicious Pinot Noirs!
    The tend to be at least $15 though.

I have a bottle of Foris Pinot Noir 2006 that I got for $15 (list price is $20). It was recommended to me by someone at Wine Library (where I bought it) but I haven't tried it yet.

Clone 5 is a good Caifornia pinot noir that gets in a bit under the $20 mark.
  • Pinot under 20 that knocks you out is pretty hard to come by...Then again I'm more of a Syrah guys...

Here are some solid recommendations:

Oregon:Check out Illahe, it's new to the NYC market and is made by a friend of a friend at Evesham Wood (also very good). Panther creek is a steal as well.

California: Cartlidge and Browne makes a pretty solid pinot under $20...Cono and Wyatt are also pretty good.

Australia: Permutations is very good, especially at the price. Sticks is also good stuff.

France: If you can find Domaine Jacky Renard from france, it's a pretty killer little bottle.

New Zealand: Kim Crawford or Babich...
This discussion has been closed.