engine 205/ ladder 118 — Brooklynian

engine 205/ ladder 118

Anyone have any dealings with them?
on middagh street i think

Comments

• I gauwked as a fire truck was backed up into the garage... then told later that there's a driver in the back that steers it in :)
  • Dealings as in ever calling 911 and having them respond?

We've had two incidents in the past year in our co-op building on Willow Street in which 205/118 responded. One incident was when there was a light haze of smoke on the upper floors of the building, a couple of apartments' smoke alarms went off but no one could figure out where the fire was...FD responded and it turned out to be a contractor in a third-floor apartment who was doing some woodwork with a lathe (?) and wasn't venting the workspace properly. Second incident was over the winter when we woke up to find one of our two stairwells entirely filled with thick clouds of steam - turned out to be a broken radiator pipe at the base of the stairwell but we were concerned it was a boiler problem.

Both times the FD responded quickly - within a minute or two - and handled the problem.
  • Subject: Helpful

When a pipe burst in my building (a block from the station), the guys were happy to come over and turn off the boiler to prevent any more water damage.

If only we could reward them with a proper lot so they didn't have to park on the sidewalk...
  • Subject: Fire

There was a good deal of turnover in that house following the terrorist strikes. Regardless, they are noteable for professionalism and courtesy. They are also fast responders, which may or may not owe something to the neighborhood's white-shoe aura.
  • I was wondering if anyone can give me an address to the fire station in which Joseph Agnello was stationed? If I am not mistaken it was ladder 118. I have something that was made in rememberence of him for a 9/11 memorial motorcycle run, and I feel the family/friends/co-workers should have it. please email me at longhorns622002@hotmail.com.

Thanks
  • Subject: Re: Fire

shag wrote: There was a good deal of turnover in that house following the terrorist strikes. Regardless, they are noteable for professionalism and courtesy. They are also fast responders, which may or may not owe something to the neighborhood's white-shoe aura.
    I wouldn't exactly call that "turnover." They lost 8 firefighters on 9/11. RIP. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.