CAT / DOG BOARDING, pet /house/babysitting, ODD JOBS/SMALL MOVING — Brooklynian

CAT / DOG BOARDING, pet /house/babysitting, ODD JOBS/SMALL MOVING

edited 9:02PM in Brooklyn Pets

Reply to: soulmatecheck@live.com

Just to make this clear, I do cat boarding/sitting, and my best friend does both cat and dog boarding... If you have a dog, she can board it in her 1 bedroom apartment in East Flatbush, while I can board cats in my 5 br apartment in Midwood. I can forward any dog-related emails to her, and pick up/drop-off the dog in my car, as long as the dog has a muzzle on it, or is in a kennel. She is mostly looking for boarding work at her place now (doesn't have time to visit people's places).

MORE ABOUT ME:

I'm a cat sitter with 21 years of experience caring for cats (including my own!). I only take care of cats or other small pets (have experience with fish, turtles, birds)- When not doing this, I work as a freelance copywriter/marketing/PR person within the fashion industry. I have degrees from both NYU and FIT, but I'm an all-around artist and creative who supplements my income this way.

I live in a very safe neighborhood, Midwood, Brooklyn, and have a huge 5 bedroom apartment, where I can easily board cats in 2 extra rooms (one is small, 80 sq ft., the other is medium, 150 sq ft... both the same price, cats will always go in bigger room unless that space is already taken) that I have. I can even let your cat(s) out for several hour intervals while I am supervising to roam the kitchen, my bedroom, the hallways and another spare room without interacting with my cat, as there is a door that separates one half of the "common area"/apartment from the other half... pretty nice set up. My cat's stuff is in that other half (living room/dining room).

I ALSO HAVE A CAR (and a bike and train pass!) so commuting to different neighborhoods is a non-issue, within reason. I'm only 4 blocks away from the b/q train at Kingshighway, and 15 minutes walk from the F train Ave P stop. Of course, having a car, I could always come and PICK UP YOUR CAT FOR BOARDING too, even if you live in Manhattan or Queens, for an extra charge of course.

I am open to cat sitting in these Brooklyn neighborhoods: Midwood, Park Slope, Gowanus, Prospect Heights, Kensington, Ditmas, Flatbush, Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, Boro Park, Mill Basin, Gravesend, Bensonhurst, Coney Island, Brighton Beach, etc... email me even if you're neighborhood is not listed and I will consider it.

I'm also open to house sitting, personal assistant work (lots of experience working in people's homes helping them file and declutter/donate stuff) and odd jobs (again, I have a car, and even have experience using my jeep as a mover (small moves of course, a few boxes) and it would be great for errands (MAN WITH VAN... or rather woman with jeep, lol!). I recently did a gig where I helped a couple that had never met me (and were still in California) accept packages at their new home and help movers deliver and set up furniture. I also once was paid to help a girl drive up to westchester to get plastic surgery, and drive her back home, to make sure that she was OK.).

I also do *occasional babysitting. I have worked at 2 daycare centers, including a Montesorri, in my past, and have had several babysitting clients.

REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

Prices:

$20 per visit to your cat at your home, feeding, scooping litter, petting, etc. I can also take in the mail, water plants, monitor the heat, etc.

$20 Cat boarding at my home per day/night (note, cats will not have to share the room with other cats or my cat- they will have a small or medium size room with a window to themselves)

Negotiable rate for long-term (2+ weeks or months) boarding...

$26 Cat boarding at my home per day/night if you have 2 cats that are capable of sharing one room and getting along.

Cost of "clumping" cat litter and food (if you do not bring your own- I can also go to a cheapo market and pick up whatever brand you prefer and save the receipts for you free of charge) electricity use if it's so hot ceiling fan must be used (2 cents per hour, not much!), transportation is extra, but minimal... For example, for a 10 day stay, those total costs would be around $12 or less.

Negotiable rates for fish, turtles, birds, etc

DOG BOARDING: (w/ my best friend, not me)... $40 a night for 1 dog, $60 a night for 2 dogs

Pet Care

Pet Sitting

In home pet boarding

Man with van

moving

moves

odd jobs

personal assistant

declutter

organize

babysit

babysitting

baby

kids

baby sit

Email me at soulmatecheck@live.com or call me at 917-270-1791 (prefer email for now, unless it's urgent)

This discussion has been closed.