It's time for a DOG PARK in Prospect/ Crown Heights! — Brooklynian

It's time for a DOG PARK in Prospect/ Crown Heights!

I've been hoping for years now that someone would start a dog park in Prospect Heights/Crown Heights, but no one has. So, I guess I'm going to stop waiting around for someone else to do it and get to work. However, the more I research the more I'm realizing just how difficult this is going to be. I'm willing to volunteer to do as much of the legwork as I can, but it's a lot of work and I'm going to need help. Anyone willing to pitch in?

I have a sample petition, and I found some suggestions for the best steps to take. Right now before I go any further I'd like to know if anyone would like to help, first to form a dog owners group then to create the petition. If so, we can have a meeting within the next week or two and go over the possible steps/ideas/suggestions/resources and go from there.

I've spoken to almost every dog owner I see on my walks and all agree we desperately need a park, so hopefully this won't be as tough as it seems. It would be so amazing to have a dog park in our neighborhood!

You can contact me at travelriter@aol.com

Comments

• I know there was an attempt a few years ago to try to turn part of Mount Prospect Park into a permanent dog run, but it never really got off the ground. I, for one, would love to see a full-time dog park in the area.

• Contact NYCDog (New York Coalition of Dog-Owner Groups. They have been helping with this sort of thing & have good conduits to Parks.

• Mount Prospect Park isn't already a permanent full time dog park? Coulda fooled me.

This discussion has been closed.