Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 5 - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• If the Giants keep having games like today, I will have to enter the blog from a nut house or a cardiac ward!

We are at the bottom of the page so let us see how long it takes for this to show up!!!! #-o

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A NICE WEEKEND. MINE WAS VERY NICE.

WENT TO AN APARTMENT WARMING ON SATURDAY WITH SOME

OLD & DEAR FRIENDS. SUNDAY I COOKED & RELAXED A LITTTLE.

HI CUZ.. I WILL CALL YOU, LATER. XX

EVERYONE..ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! XX :flower:

• Hi Patsy..Love Ya

Good Night Sweet Dreams

Going to Andersen Cooper tomorrow again. Check and see if u see us.

love u all,

Warren keep the weather nice will be down in two weeks

CUZ.. HAVE FUN.

TALK TO YOU, SOON.. XX

NICE DAY TO BE INDOORS & SLEEPING. LOL

EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! :)

• Hello All,

Terry, bring an umbrella! While some of each day is sunny & pleasant, we are having boomers for some part of each day. High temp lately just under 90. If you do not want to hear political ads, do not turn on the TV or answer the phone. Both parties are spending a bundle in Florida because it is a swing state and has a lot of electoral votes.

Patsy, what is sleeping. Only so much each night and perhaps an occasional afternoon nap.

The jerk that coaches the Bucs put his team in jeopardy. He says he will pull the stupid thing he did at the end of Sunday's game again. #-o

• The Cottone Brothers lost their beloved sister Honey. She was at the reunion one year with the big Zucchini.. Remember??

I would like to advise all family & friends that the memorial service for my beloved sister Ann (Honey) Scalero will be held Sat Sept 22 from 12 to 3 at the Park Funeral Chapels 2175 Jericho Turnpike Garden City Park, NY

• good night sweet dreams

R.I.P. HONEY. [-oB

MY GIRLS WENT TO THE SAN GENNARO FEAST THE OTHER NIGHT

& HAD A GREAT TIME!! (THEY TRY TO GO EVERY YEAR),

THEY ATE AT NOVELLA RESTAURANT. THEY SAID THE FOOD

WAS DELISH!!! MY S.I.L. WAS ON PATROL DOWN THERE, SO

HE WAS ABLE TO HAVE DINNER WITH THEM.

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :flower:

• Good Morning...quick typeby..well, I think there will be no "Fall" in Chicago this year...it was 38 degrees when I got up for work today...took out the winter clothes last night and washed them..well,I know Florida can get cold, but it's looking pretty good to me right now...have to go back to work...have a great day...bye

• Morning all....

Anna I think I'm moving to Chicago lol It's definitely been cooler here thank God...this summer was HOT!!!

Heading to the city today for Kati's check up with her back dr. We've been going every 6 months since the surgery so I'm hoping he'll push us to a year now...fingers crossed

Have a great day all

• GOOD MONRING, FRIENDS :)

HI DEB!!! FINGERS CROSSED FOR KATI.

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• Hello All,

Just had a handyman here to clean out my gutters & downspouts. Carol does not want me up on the ladder anymore. It just bothers me some that I have to pay for work that I always did myself, They call it aging!!!!He got tons of leaves & debris out of the elbows on the downspouts. Hopefully they will run free for awhile. We have "Live Oak" trees all around us and they have small leaves that stick together and build up blockages. Oh well.

Deb, I hope things worked out well for Kati. I know that constant Doctors visits can really grow bad vibes after awhile. We have 7 Doctors now and the appointments sort of take over your life. P.S. Do not move to Chicage. I heard that Al Capone might still be there. [-X

• Warren...lol I guess I'll stay here in NY because if he's there I'm sure he'll find me. I hear ya about the dr appts...I have a lot going on right now myself.

Kati's visit was good but we still need to go back in 6 months. Her spine has fused the way it was supposed to and she's free of pain thank god, so I guess every 6 months isn't so bad, we usually have a nice lunch in the city afterward :)

• good night sweet dreams

• Good Morning..Debbie-glad Kati is better...going to Tina's house tonite, then tomorrow we're going over to Jessica's house (haven't seen it yet) and then lunch...Warren-talking about Al Capone..my family rumor has it-I'm a distant relative of his..my grandmother's brother was married to Al's sister in law..he used to come back to Brooklyn way back when..he used to visit my grandmother...enjoy the weekend everyone...bye

• GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE..:)

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL!!! GO OUT & ENJOY..

HAVING A BLOCK SALE TOMORROW. HOPE THE WEATHER

STAYS NICE.

TOMORROW IS ALSO THE FIRST DAY OF FALL!!

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!! :flower:

• HI ANNA..CONGRATS TO JESSICA & HUBBY ON THEIR NEW HOME.

HOW EXCITING..ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH THEM.. :)

• Could not view the Giant game last night. Our cable providor (Bright House) does not carry the NFL Channel. I am thrilled that they played so well, With almost 1/2 the offense out injured I was amazed at 36 points. It shows that they have good depth on the bench.

Years ago there was a rumor that Al Capone had family on Union St in Brooklyn. No One messed with the stores on Union Street.

When we came to Florida we had a new home built and we decorated it. It is a thrill! The house we had in Bergenfield NJ was in B A A D shape when we bought it. It took me 30 years to get it the way we wanted it and then sold it.

Patsy, hope the block sale goes well. Should be fun. :wink:

• Holy Moley, I must be important. It looks like I have my own BLOG. On the other hand I was told that if you talk to yourself you may have a few screws loose. 8-[

• Good Morning...LOL..no Warren you're not alone..Just think everyone is busy on the weekends..just got into work..I'll be working for the next five hours..32 degrees when I got up this morning..guess it's time to turn the heat on..watched Justin Friday night then when to see Jessica's house..then to Wal-Mart..so it's a busy weekend for me too..well, have to start work..have a great day...bye

• I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mabon yesterday and are enjoying the Rosh Hashanah-Yom Kippur holidays.

:)

• To Old Goat,

Do you watch online TV?

There are several sites that carry football such as VIP Box dot eu. If you use Firefox as browser it is best to get AdBlock to avoid ads on this site. It has MANY sports events every day.

• Hi all,

Went to the old neighborhood today and met Frank Foti. He lives in Sicily, Italy since 1990. Karen Dritto, my sister Lori,Anne Marie and her hubby Paladino and Anna Maria Culmone (spell)Went to eat on 20th street and 6th Avenue. Patsy, your daughter said she works for the owner of the restaurant The Brooklyn Pub. that was originally a Pharmacy when I was small and it became the Tree Star Bar.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Prodigalson, This mornings papers carried an article about our provider starting to show NFL TV starting next week. When I have tried on-line sporting events they say it is not available through our provider which is Bright House/Road Runner. If I get NFL TV (we already get MLB) I will have all I need. I do not watch Hockey anymore (they are locked out anyways) and I stopped watching the NBA when they stopped enforcing the rules on walking, discontinuating, palming etc:. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Terry, the only reason I went to the 20's and 6th ave was to head for the lovers lane next to Greenwood Cemetary. No, I am not as pure as the driven snow! :oops:

HI ALL..HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THEIR WEEKEND.

I AM LOVING THIS FALL WEATHER.

WARREN, THE BLOCK SALE TURNED OUT WELL. WE MADE A LITTLE

$$ & HAD FUN DOING IT. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET RID

OF ALOT OF STUFF.

& I HAD A SURPRISE VISITOR.. TONY UMBRIA CAME FROM PARK SLOPE TO BAY RIDGE 0N HIS SCOOTER TO VISIT ME.

IT WAS GREAT SEING HIM. :D-Y

TONIANN WENT TO THE METS GAME YESTERDAY WITH SOME FRIENDS.

SO GLAD SHE WENT TO A WINNING GAME.

HI CUZ..YOU KNOW MORE THAN I KNOW ABOUT WHO NATALIE WORKS FOR. SHE WORKS FOR 2 FAMILIES, SO I AM NOT SURE WHO IS WHO.

WILL CALL YOU, SOON.XX

HI ANNA..SEEMS LIKE YOU HAD BUSY, BUT ENJOYABLE WEEKEND.

DEB!! I WILL SPEAK WITH YOU SOON.

HI PRODIGAL SON.. ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS. MAZELTOV :cheers:

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER... :flower:

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL!! MY TIME OF YEAR.

HAPPY TO SEE THE SUMMER GONE.. :D-Y

I DEOCRATED THE HOUSE INSIDE & OUTSIDE FOR FALL.

LOOKS SO NICE & COZY.

EVERYONE!! HAVE GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Hi Everyone,

Yes this weather is perfect....which it could be like this all year round..

See you Saturday Patsy!!!

Hi Warren, Terry, Anna, Debbie and everyone else.

Have a great day!!!

• HI JUDY.

YES, WE WILL BE SITTING TOGETHER..

SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU & BOBBY. :)

HOW IS BABY SALVATORE?

HE MUST BE GETTING SO BIG..

• Hi everyone.....

Finally having great weather!!

Patsy glad your sale was good. I can't believe Anthony rode his scooter all the way here lol

Anna wow 32 degrees....not ready to put heat on yet lol

Terry, Anne Marie said what a nice time she had at the brunch.

Judy love all the pictures of the baby :)

Warren today Henry Hynoski of the Giants was at Walgreens on 3rd ave where my daughter works and she got an autograph, I thought of you lol

• I did not forget you had a hard time getting on

Love to everyone

• hope my photo post

Attached files image
  • Warren maybe you would remember or maybe you were gone by that time...

Re: [The Real Park Slope / South Brooklyn] I would really love to find someone who remembers...

To:The Real Park Slope / South Brooklyn >

Date:Tue, Sep 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Maria Mignone Kelleher commented on her post in The Real Park Slope / South Brooklyn.

My grandfather, Joseph Mignone, owned 2...

Maria Mignone Kelleher8:13pm Sep 25

My grandfather, Joseph Mignone, owned 2 brownstones on 12th St and PP West. My father, Matteo, had a sister, Angela, and brothers Joey and Donato. We lived on 12th Street when I was a kid, and I was born in 1962. We moved to LI in about 1970, but my Dad worked in Brooklyn and Queens even after that. I have to ask my family where he lived before 12th St, it was somewhere else in Brooklyn, so I'm not sure of the exact dates on 12th Street, but definitely I was born there in 1962.

Comment History

Terry Angelo Sherman

Terry Angelo Sherman8:08pm Sep 25

Maira When did your family live on 12 street. I have contact with a man who grew up there. He is about 76 yrs old maybe he knew your Dad I will ask. H is on our blog. Brooklynian.com Brooklyn back when

Original Post

Maria Mignone Kelleher

Maria Mignone Kelleher7:35pm Sep 25

I would really love to find someone who remembers my father, Matteo Mignone. He was a plumber for the Board of Ed in Brooklyn. Short, and very Italian... LOVED to tell jokes! Anyone remember hi

• good night sweet dreams :geek:

• Terry, I got married in June 1960 in the 12th street Reformed Church on 12th between 4th & 5th Aves. I moved to NJ when Carol & I were married. I was born in 1933 in Adelphi Hospital in Brooklyn and lived on 12th St between 5th & 6th Ave until 1960 (less 2 years in the Army). In those days we had enough people living on our own and surrounding blocks that the only time I would see Prospect Park West is when I went to Prospect Park or Ebbetts Field. I do not recall the Mignone name but I did go to school with a Marilyn Kelleher. On my trips to Brooklyn over the years I have walked my old street and could find NO ONE that I new. They have either moved or passed away.One of the down sides of getting old is that you lose track of so many of your old friends. :-({|=

LOOKS LIKE RAIN.

HI CUZ, DEBBIE & WARREN..

HAVE A GREAT DAY & STAY DRY!!! :)

• HI GUYS..

DEBBIE IS HAVING TESTS DONE.. SO FAR SO GOOD. SHE HAS NO CLOTS (THANK GOD). SHE IS STILL AT THE HOSPITAL & I WILL

KEEP YOU POSTED. SHE WENT IN FOR A VEINAGRAM??

SHE JUST TEXT ME & SAID SHE WILL BE THERE FOR ANOTHER HOUR OR 2.

[-oB

• Hi Patsy, thanks for the update...please tell Debbie that she is in all our thoughts and prayers....I am sure everything will be ok.

Have a great day!!!!

• thanks Warren I typed and never hit send post. lol

good night sweet dreams

It was a very long day

Mike fell off a ladder and has to be operated on next week.

He is ok hurt his Achilles tendon and needs o be operated on in very bad pain.

HI CUZ.. GIVE MY CUZZIE MIKE XXOO FROM US.

LOVE YA, XX

RAIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. STAY DRY & ENJOY!!!

:nemo:

• Has anyone heard how Debbie made out with her Vein tests? Hope & pray she is fine. I have had numerous tests done but never heard of a "Veinagram".Patsy, it is your job to find out what kind of a test that is....

Terry, Carol will not let me up on the ladder anymore. Some medications you take can cause you to get dizzy or lose your balance. I am much older then Mike but he may still take medication that could cause problems. Hope his operation turns out well and he will be fine! #-o

Judy, that is the one thing I miss, not being near my Grandchildren to watch and participate in their growing up. You can not have it both ways so you have to weigh the pluses and minuses of moving away from them. We have had some quality time with them down here in Florida and up in NJ when we take a trip. The times we see them however gets less & less as they get older and have other demands on their and their parents time (and $). :-({|=

• HI WARREN..

THE TEST IS A VENAGRAM. I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH CLOTS??

WHEN DEBBIE GETS ON HERE, SHE CAN EXPLAIN BETTER.

HOPE ALL IS WILL WITH YOU & CAROL. :)

• Debbie said she has a little clot back on medication. Warren.

the ladder was not locked I think and it collapsed and he landed on his feet and the pain was so bad he fell back on the grass, Thank God grass and not cement.

• Good night sweet dreams

• "People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don't need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there."

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

• Good Morning to all my friends..xoxoxo

Have a great day

Pre op today and food shopping cause it is going to be a long 9 weeks here in our house....

I am missing Florida already lol

• HI CUZ..

SORRY, ABOUT THE FLORIDA TRIP, BUT I DO HOPE MIKE

HEALS FAST. LOVE YOUR QUOTES.

TALK TO YOU, SOON. XX

• Terry, I will mind Florida for you until you can come down. Hope Mike heals quickly and you do not get on each other too much being cooped up together for that long.

I get one more political phone call & I think I will throw the phone out the window. I am trying to figure out where we fit in since we do not have incomes anywhere near $250

thousand dollars a year. Guess we are poor! Wouldn't it be great if a plain man or woman who works for a living could run for office? #-o

• Thanks Warren,

It is going to be a long time cause he can't drive at all. Even if we flew down we need to get around. I could drive around I guess but by that time I may be in the crazy house. Only 3 days and I have done more work in 3 days then I ever did in the 10 years I am with him lol I am exhausted and my knee is killing me but I can't worry about that now..

Yes those calls and all the marketing calls just around dinner are very aggravating. I did the no call list but I guess I have to do it again..

Have a great night.

Getting haircuts tonight. Our girl is just so nice. she is coming to our house so we don't have put Mike in the car..

Love to all....xoxoxox

• Hi everyone....

Yes I had a Vena Gram on Wednesday because an earlier MRI showed a bloodclot in the pelvis area. At first the Dr told me after the test I didn't have one but called me back the next day to say her reviewed my films again with his colleagues and there is definitely a clot. So now I go back on the coumadin for probably 6 months and need to redo this test again a few months from now. Being on this medicine is a pain because you can't have certain green vegetables because of the vitamin K in them, it interferes with the coumadin. I can't take anything other than tylenol and they don't help when I get a migraine at all and it's constant blood tests. But what can I do....Thanks for thinking of me and asking about me :wink:

• Terry, sorry about Mike. Hopefully he's not as bad as Kevin when he's home sick lol or you'll really be in the looney bin!!! lol

• Thanks Deb and hang in there.

Mike is not bad but he can not do a thing. I have to do everything. I will need a dam vacation after this. lol

Hi everyone,

Well I was going to get out for awhile and go to the third avenue fair but Mia got sick so now we are not going. Was going to see my brother for a little dinner get together. He retired from the transit. Now it rained and we can't go cause he can't get his leg wet...JUST SHOOT ME, LOL

Have a great sunday. xoxoxo

• Terry I was up there earlier and it was crazy crowded!! Would you believe I ran into Denise Cresci lol

HI CUZ. I WIL CALL YOU, LATER..XX

HI DEB!! I WENT TO THE FAIR TOO. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY

NOW CHARGE $10 FOR SAUSAGE & PEPPERS HERO. IT WAS ONLY $7

LAST YEAR.. WHAT NERVE, BUT I BOUGHT A FEW ANYWAY, B/C I

DID NOT COOK.. I WAS TOO TIRED FROM THE WEDDING THE NIGHT

BEFORE. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! HAD A GREAT TIME & WE SAT WITH

JUDY & BOBBY BANJANY.

ALWAYS NICE TO SEE THEM..:)

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• Hi,

Terry - When is Mike having surgery?

Debbie - Hope you are feeling a little better, we are all thinking about you.

Patsy - Sorry I did not return your call, sent you an email...we had a great time, glad we sat at your table, you work with some really nice people. Hope to see you again soon.

Hi Warren and everybody else....

• Hi back to you Judy, Deb, I have been on Coumadin for a long time. I have learned to eat salad only occasionaly and even then, light colored lettuce. One tip. if you do not already have a medical bracelet with the word "Coumadin" inside please get one. Walgreen's has them and so do a lot of other stores. If for any reason you need to be treated by first responders they will check the bracelet and know not to give you any other blood thinners. Patsy, $10 for a sandwich! I like peppers & Onions & sausage too but I make tham myself. There is a sports bar/restaurant near here that makes a Green pepper, Sausage & roast beef sandwich. It is out of this world!!! :-00

• Hi-Terry-hope Mike gets better soon...Debbie-hope you're going to be ok too...left work early today & went to the Dr...I've had a sore throat for the last 9 days, been working 6 days a week, trying everything to make it go away.I just have a throat infection-got some amoxicillan..have to be better by this weekend..Justin is 4 this Friday & Tina's having a big party on Sunday..my son is coming up from Peoria, Il for the weekend & Jessica & Steve will be there (besides about 25 other people) taking my meds. & going to bed..good night...bye

HI WARREN..HAD I KNOWN IT WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE, I WOULD

HAVE COOKED. I WAS GIVING MYSELF A NIGHT OFF FROM THE

KITCHEN. (IT WAS NOT WORTH IT). LOL

HOPE YOU & CAROL ARE FEELING WELL.

HI ANNA..HAPPY B/DAY TO JUSTIN. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER,

SOON. SORE THROATS ARE THE WORST.

HI JUDY.. HOPE ALL IS WELL. IT WAS NICE SEEING YOU & BOBBY.

GINO SAID, 'JUDY & BOBBY ARE SO NICE', I SAID 'YEP'

'PARK SLOPERS ARE THE BEST'..TALK TO YOU, SOON..

EVERYONE.. HAVE GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

RAINY DAY, AGAIN..

STAY DRY & ENJOY!!! :)

• Good Morning, Raining here too Patsy. Rained yesterday, rain today and rain tomorrow. Oh well! By the way, I was only teasing about the sandwiches. Carol & I often decide we do not feel like cooking and either go out to eat or bring something home. Just last night we went to Denny's for supper. Could have cooked but neither of us felt like it. You do what ever you feel like doing and to hell with everything!

Terry, you aren't missing much. Rainy week predicted and so far they were right for a change. Hope Anna and Deb are both feeling okay and Judy is still doting over her grandchild! :bounce:

• Hi All,

Went to city to get Mike's medical clearance.

Operation on for friday.

Love you all,

good night sweet dreams

HI CUZ..SEND MIKE MY LOVE.. I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT HIM

TOMORROW.. [-oB

IT IS GOING TO RAIN AGAIN, TODAY. I THINK NICE WEATHER

TOMORROW..

ENJOY YOU DAY!!! :)

• Morning Cuz and All,

Rainy day

Just exhausted, exhausted.

Aria is feeling her oats.

Being very fresh

Don't know how much longer I can do this feed the kids breakfast, take one to school in and out of the car and run after this kid all day. She is a handful. The joys of being a Grandma. Noooooooooooo..the other grandma has that joy. I am the mother, father, grandma too. lol

Oh and nurse these days...lol

Just venting cause no one hear to listen to me except..ME AND myself.

I just keep thinking things could be worse so I am hanging in there..

Love to all

Have a great day

Judy keep posting Salvatore's photos they make me smile.

• Hi Terry:

I hear you. These kids drive us crazy. He is now walking and the fun has started.

Give my love to Mike and wish him luck. Tell him I will miss him in 7-11. I'll call you over the weekend and see how you both are doing.

He will be fine, its you who needs rest. LOVE.............

• Hi-thanks for the well wishes..feel better today-although I had 102 temp Tues.night..getting ready for Justin's birthday party (his B-Day is tomorrow but the party is on Sunday)..my son is coming up from Peoria Il. on Saturday & will stay with me until Monday (off for Columbus Day)...beautiful day out today-75 degrees. but by early tonight-it will drop 20 degrees and only a high of 50 tomorrow...Terry-angels all around Mike for tomorrow..hi to Debbie, Judy & Patsy..have a nice day...bye

• Hi Patsy, We were also happy to finally meet Gino...sorry he wasn't feeling that good that night.

Terry - Wish Mike good luck and a speedy recovery!!!

Warren - YES I am still doting over my grandson, I can't get enough of him....I love him to death!!!!

Attached files image
  • HI ALL..

TOO CUTE, JUDY..HE ALWAYS LOOKS SO NICE.

WHAT A DOLL!!! SEND MY LOVE..

ANNA.. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & XX TO JUSTIN.

HI DONNA.. WILL TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

CUZ...LOVE YA, XX

• Thanks Donna

tomorrow is the operation at 1pm hopefully.

They tell u one time and always delayed...

Good night sweet dreams

CUZ..PRAYERS FOR MIKE.. NO WOORIES.. HE WILL BE FINE.!!

LOVE YA.XX [-oB

T.G.I.F. EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.!! :bounce:

• Prayers for Mike, hope everything goes well....let us know when it is over!!!

Hi Patsy, Warren, Debbie, Donna, Anna, Terry

Hey where is Anthony and Jeanette!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend.....

• Good Morning Everyone-prayers for Mike today...Judy,your gradson is getting cuter every day..HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my grandson Justin-4 years old today...big weekend coming up-his party on Sunday & my son coming in for the weekend..temp dropped from 80 to 53 by the time I got home from work yesterday..41 when I got up..winter is finally here for me..bring out the winter coat! Anyway, have a great weekend everyone..bye

• Good morning all. Terry, tell Mike that he has Prebyterian prayers for a complete successful recovery from Florida!

Speaking of Florida Terry, I repeat, you are not missing much. Thunder Storms every day this week. #-o

• Hi All....

Crazy week...had 2 dr appts tuesday and 2 today :( I feel like its a job going to the drs!!

Terry.... How's Mike?? Hope all went well. You definitely need a vacation after this lol

Judy...OMG I love that picture....and thanks for thinking of me.

Warren...that's a good idea about the bracelet. I'd never thought of that.

Anna....Happy Birthday Justin...have a fun weekend!!

Patsy...Not only did the sausage and peppers go up I don't remember paying $5 for 6 zeppole last year either!!

• Happy 4th Birthday to Justin.......'

• Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend....

Terry hope Mike is feeling better xoxo

• Old Goat in FL said:

Good morning all. Terry, tell Mike that he has Prebyterian prayers for a complete successful recovery from Florida!

Speaking of Florida Terry, I repeat, you are not missing much. Thunder Storms every day this week. #-o

Thank you Warren,

He is in terrible pain. He really needs prayer. It was worse than expected. the Achilles Tendon was ripped also from the bone. OUCH!!!! Thanks for the weather report. It is chilly here in Staten Island.. thanks again xoxoxo

• Thanks All,

For your post, prayers AND LOVE. IT is greatly appreciated. xoxoxo

• It is 13 years today David passed away. Can not believe 13 years have gone by. Happy anniversary in heaven David...

• Happy Anniversary in heaven

'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN HEAVEN, DAVID'. XX [-oB

HI CUZ.. WILL CALL YOU, LATER.. KISSES TO MY CUZ MIKE. XX

WEATHER IS NICE. ENJOY!!! :)

• Terry - Happy Anniversary in heaven David..

How is Mike feeling...is he home or still in the hospital?

Anna - Hope you enjoyed Justin's birthday celebration.

Hi Patsy - How are you???

Hi Debbie - Hope you are feeling better.

Warren - How is Carol doing?

Boy lots of questions....sorry!!!!!

RAINY DAY, AGAIN.

HI JUDY.. EVERYTHING'S GOOD. SEND MY LOVE.

EVERYONE..ENJOY YOUR DAY!! :)

• Good afternoon,

Carol & I went to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino for a few hours today. Carol won, I lost about what she won so lets call it even! She is feeling so-so but she thinks she knows what did it. Her insides can react 2 or 3 days after she eats something so she is blaming it on carrots she ate over the weekend. She is still on the meat and potatoes diet the Drs in USF put her on. Most of the times she feels pretty good. Somtimes when she tries a veggie or fruit it acts up on her. The Drs told her she could try different things like that and see what happens. She then has to decide whether it is worth it or not. The attacks are an inconvenience but not near as severe as she was getting before whe went on this diet.

Patsy, talk about rain. So far this year we have had over 53"'s to date. We are already over the average for a whole year and so far in October we have had over 3". They were crying about drought here a year ago and now they have to find something else to complain about!

Terry, I hope Mike is starting to feel better with less pain. I did not know your first hubby but in the pictures you have posted he looks like a happy Ceaser Romero. :wink:

HI WARREN..RAIN HERE AGAIN, TODAY.

HOPE CAROL FEELS BETTER.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!

STAY DRY, ALL.. [-oB

NICE DAY TODAY.. THE SUN IS OUT, :sunny:

MY DAUGHTER TONIANN OFFICALLY BECAME CAPTAIN OF HER

VARSITY SOFTBALL TEAM YESTERDAY!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF HER!!

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Having beautiful weather now. Thunder storms have ceased and at least in the morning it is cool. By the afternoon it is in the upper 80's. I walk every morning at about 6:30am to 7:am. It is quite cool then. Soon I will be able to walk a little later and it will be cooler yet.

Carol is feeling a lot better. I am especially glad because I want her to be able to enjoy our cruise next month. I think cruising is the best vacation ever invented. When you figure all that comes with the price, meals, entertainment, cabin, scenery, different countries etc: it is a good bang for the buck. :D-Y

• Hi everyone-Terry-hope Mike is recovering well...Justin's party was so much fun..he's coming over tomorrow night for a sleepover..Tina is taking Scott out to dinner & a movie (his birthday was Tuesday, October 9th)..then Cody has a "spa" day on Saturday..I'm working on Sunday..so there goes my weekend!! still taking meds for my throat-now I have a cough...this has been going on too long! Congrats to ToniAnn! Good News! well,I'll say good night! Have a nice weekend.....bye

HI ANNA..GLAD JUSTIN'S B/DAY PARTY WAS SO GOOD!!

HOPE YOUR THROAT GETS BETTER SOON..

T.G.I.F. ..

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :sunny:

• Hi all.....

Feeling ok, just getting crazy with having my blood levels checked.....it goes up and down. Hopefully it'll level out and I wont be going every 3-4 days. I go again tomorrow so we'll see.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Weather was great today but rain tomorrow.

Anna....feel good and glad you enjoyed the party.

Patsy...that's great news!!!

• Hey Deb, Hang in there. I have to go tomorrow for my PT/INR also. It has been fluctuating lately so they change the dosage and check more often. In the past I have gone months without a reading below 2.0. Now it did so they increased the Warfarin. Now they check to see if that change worked out.

How about my Giants. All the so called experts picked SF 49ers to whip the Giants today but the whipping was the Giants on the 49ers. Hooray. :D-Y

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!!

DEB..HANG IN THERE..HOPEFULLY, YOUR BLOOD LEVELS

WILL BALANCE OUT..TALK TO YOU, SOON.

HAVE A NICE DAY, ALL :flower:

• WARREN..

..THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!!!

imageglitter-graphics.com

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Hey Patsy, thanks for the Giants Helmet! I have a Giants T-Shirt on (one of many that I own) and when I went out this AM I had one of my Giant hats on. This is Tampa Bay Buc territory but since the Giants Already beat the Buc's this year they can't say a thing about my Giant gear.

Deb, my INR was 2.4 this A.M.. They want me at 2.0-3.0 so that was perfect. I am to stay on current dosage of Warfarin and go back in a month for next test. Hope your reading was as good. =DB

• Warren, I went for bloodwork this morning so I should find out tomorrow. Last week it was too high so I had to skip a night, I'm on 5mg of Warafin, so hopefully this test is back to normal. I feel like a pin cushion, it's been every 3-4 days for weeks. He said if it's good I can probably go a week or 2. We'll see.

I'm starting to prepare for Kevin's 50th b'day in 3 weeks, 11/3. Just gonna have family but need to start shopping for food and things and he's on vacation this week so it's a good time to start.

Hope everyone has a good night.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

CUZ..WHERE ARE YOU??

:flower:

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

CUZ..WHERE ARE YOU??

:flower: