Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 7 - Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Good morning.....

I guess my post didn't show up yesterday......I had Kevin's 50th b'day last night and we had a great time. It's so nice to get together with family and friends :-)

Enjoy the day everyone.....

• OMG I can't believe I had to post today for yesterdays post to show up!!!

• Helo All. Hope you had a Happy & Joyous Thanksgiving. Last week Carol & I were on a cruise for my birthday and Thanksgiving. The waiter on our ship sang Happy Birthday to me and gave us a little butter cream cake. Very thoughtful guy. While I had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with Turkery and all the fixings, Carol was not feeling well (one of her IBS attacks) on Thanksgiving day. She did manage to eat two shrimp cocktails and a baked potato. She found out a while back that she can handle those two things when she is not doing too well and the waiter took good care of her by giving her what she could eat. Just had to delete 135 items from my e-mail list! Mostly black Friday ads. Go Giants tonight!!!

• Hello..hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving..Jessica's 1st Thanksgiving dinner came out great..my son had to leave Friday AM (had to have a window replaced in his house)..right now I'm listening to Christmas music & put up a little tree for Cody & me. saved a bunch of bulbs from my Mom's little tree & starting a new tradition this year..Warren-sounds like you & Carol had a wonderful time on your cruise..Debbie-Happy Birthday to Kevin..been off since last Tuesday-will relax tonight and back to work tomorrow..Hi Patsy, & everyone else..talk to u soon..bye

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

WARREN GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON POSTING.

I'M SO HAPPY YOUR CRUISE WENT WILL.. HOPE CAROL

IS FEELING BETTER BY NOW.

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY.??

MINE IS November 29th.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WARREN"...

AS A MATTER OF FACT, MY HUBBY& CHILDREN THREW ME A

SURPRISSE 60TH BIRTHDAY PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! THERE WERE ABOUT 40 + PEOPLE,

MY CUZ TERRY & MIKE & SOME CLOSE & DEAR FRIENDS, &

MY SIBLINGS WERE ALL THERE. WE HAD A BLAST.

(CANNOT BELIEVE I AM GOING TO BE 60).

MY CUZ TERRY WAS LIKE THE PAPPARAZII WITH HER CAMERA.

THANX, CUZ.. LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! XX

ANNA, WE PUT OUR TREE UP TOO, ON FRIDAY.

WE JUST HAVE TO FINISH THE DECORATIONS OUTSIDE THIS SATURDAY. BUT ALL OF INSIDE THE HOUSE IS DONE.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.

I KNEW JESSICA WOULD DO A GOOD JOB WITH THANKSGIVING DINNER. GLAD IT TURNED OUT SO WELL!!

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

:santa:

• Patsy my birthday was November 21 1933.

Carol still has a few lasting problems but she is feeling much better. 8-[

• HI WARREN.

ALOT OF BIRTHDAYS IN NOVEMBER.

HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!!!

GLAD CAROL IS FEELIN BETTER!!! :)

• DEB!!!

HOPE KEVIN HAD AZ NICE TIME AT HIS PARTY.

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WERE NOT AT MINE. LOL

MY DAUGHTERS TOLD ME YOU HAD OTHER PLANS WITH YOUR FAMILY.

TALK TO YOU,SOON..:)

• Hi Patsy.....

I'm sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate with you. I'm glad you had a great time :-) Maybe we can do lunch soon :-)

Warren.....Happy Birthday and glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

Anna....glad Thanksgiving was good for you :-)

HI DEB!!! LUNCH WOULD BE GREAT!! I WILL CALL YOU SOON TO

MAKE PLANS. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A NICE TIME, TOO!!!

SNOW & RAIN TODAY.. I WOULD TAKE JUST THE SNOW.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :santa:

• wow had so much trouble getting on yesterday and this morning!!!

Hi Warren - Glad to see you back on...Happy Belated Birthday...glad you had a good time on your cruise.

Patsy - HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY....wow a surprise party!!!! Hope you had fun....

Anna - Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family....

Debbie - Happy Belated Birthday to Kevin....Glad you finally got to have his party...was he surprised!!!!

Cold and rainy...have a great day!!!!

• Old Goat in FL said:

Patsy my birthday was November 21 1933.

Carol still has a few lasting problems but she is feeling much better. 8-[

You don't look a day over 39! :D

• HI JUDY.. HAD A BLAST.. SO MUCH FUN.

HOPE ALL IS GOOD BY YOU. SEND MY LOVE TO ALL.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!!

:D-Y

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE??

THANK YOU, RICHARD..

I DON'T FEEL OVER 39 YRS OLD. LOL

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILY.

GETTING PRETTY COLD HERE, LATELY.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, ALL!!! :)

• HAPPY 6OTH BIRTHDAY PATSY......HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

• Hi Everyone,

Cold out there today...have a good day.. :wink:

• Happy Birthday Patsy, :D-Y

Yea I guess we all are really 39. Add 40 for me but 39 sounds good. Just like Jack Benny.

Judy, it has been pretty cool here in Florida too. This afternoon is SUPPOSED to warm up to 80 degrees. I will believe it when it happens. Mornings have been in the 40's and 50's since we got back from the cruise last Sunday.

Hey Prodigal Son, What is the temperature in Minnesota. My neighbor just got back from a Thanksgiving trip and she froze up there even though she is a native Minnesota person. 8-[

• Hi Warren, Wow in the 80's sounds so nice just about now...

Have a great day...

• Good morning all.....

Happy 60th Birthday Patsy!!!!

Judy....I had to tell Kevin about the party because I had to keep postponing it since he was working so much. I wanted to make sure he was there lol Your grandson is beautiful!!!!

Warren...wow 80 sounds HOT compared to here lol

Hi Anna and Prodigal son

Have a good day all......

• Hi Just a thought...I think that all the old timers that have not been on the blog for a while, should come on today to wish Patsy a very special 60th birthday....since she is the one that has kept this blog alive for the past four years...you can always count on Patsy to be on everyday even its just to wish you a good day......

• Hi Patsy:

I hope you enjoy your

day. A very Happy Birthday to you.

It was so good to see everyone on Saturday. Love you.............

• HI GUYS..

THANX FOR THE B/DAY WISHES.

JUDY THAT WAS SO NICE OF YOU..

& YES THE BABY IS A DOLL!!!

DONNA, AS ALWAYS IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU & KENNY

AT MY SURPRISE PARTY,,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!

TALK TO YOU SOON.

XX

• HI GUYS..

THANX FOR THE B/DAY WISHES.

JUDY THAT WAS SO NICE OF YOU..

& YES THE BABY IS A DOLL!!!

DONNA, AS ALWAYS IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU & KENNY

AT MY SURPRISE PARTY,,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!

TALK TO YOU SOON.

XX

T.G.I.F. :D-Y

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!! :santa:

• JUDY.. WE NEED YOUR COUNTDOWN IF YOU HAVE TIME.

• Okay, lets get something straight. I said the temp was predicted to reach 80, NOT in the 80's. By the way. It came close in Tampa, 78, but did not reach 80. We here in Sun City Center are usually a couple of degrees cooler then Tampa. I know the 78 seems very warm to you in the N.E. but the mornings in the 40's, and 50's are not warm to us at all. That is usualy late December. By January it will be colder then that for sure...People are sure decorating early this year. Of course the stores have had Christmas deco's on sale since the beginning of November. Th Halloween stuff came down and Christmas went up! I may start outside today but inside will wait until next week. We occasionly have cleaning girls come and they are due next Tuesday. After they leave I will start inside decorating.

Every day is T.G.I.F. when you are retired!!! =DB

• HI WARREN.. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL EVERYDAY IS FRIDAY FOR ME.

A COUPLE MORE YEARS..

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & CAROL. HAVE FUN & BE CAREFUL

DECORATING OUTSIDE. :santa:

• 24 days until Christmas...........

• Okay, I changed my Avitar twice. First was me in formal attire on the cruise and now in "casual" clothes on the cruise. Judy,thanks for the countdown. The other day you called for the "oldtimers" to come on the blog and wish Patsy a happy birthday. Good thought and you did get a little response. I am afraid that most of our oldtimers have deserted us for Facebook. That of course is their perogative but when we were worried here about the "Oldtimers" during "Sandy" it would have been nice if some of them could have at least come on here and let us know they were all right. I understand that some of them went on Facebook and told people there that they were okay but not on here. Too bad! :-s

• Warren - I know its a shame so people have stopped coming on...I know sometimes I go days without coming on, but I love to hear what's going on with the blog. Maybe now that the holidays are here some people will stop by to say hello.

By the way you look fantastic in your new picture!!!

• 23 days until Christmas..................

• Good Morning.....Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!

Judy....thanks for the Christmas countdown :-)

Patsy....Is OLA having the Christmas Village this year? I heard they weren't :-(

Warren....Hopefully some will come back, even if its just to say hi.

Hi Anna.....

• hi everyone i hope everyone is doing ok,and that you came thru sandy ok,hope everyone and the familys had a nice thanksgiving,and getting ready for xmas.everyone by me is ok.were all hanging in there,hoping the rope doesn,t break{ha}.ok every one,merry xmas,happy holidays.may the lord take you and yours into his arms.take one day at a time,and do the best you can.take care bobby c and family

WARREN.. LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU.. YOU NEED TO POST

CAROL ON, TOO.

HI DEB!! NO VILLAGE THIS YEAR DUE TO THE HURRICANE.

TOO MANY ISSUES. ALTHOUGH, ST ANSLEM'S IS HAVING ONE NEXT WEEKEND.

I SAW THE POSTERS FOR IT.

HI JUDY.. LOVE THE COUNTDOWN!!!

BOBBY.NICE TO SEE YOU ON HER. KEEP POSTING. HAVE A GREAT

CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR (BUT HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL BE BACK ON

BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS.)

EVERYONE,, ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! :)

• 22 days until Christmas................

• Good Morning,

Hi to Patsy, Debbie, Anna, Warren, Richard and Bobby...Have a great day.....nice weather today...

• Good Morning All,

Okay Patsy, here is Carol being attended to by our great waiter Agus on the cruise. :D-Y

• Hiya Good People!

Weather here in Gopherland (Minnesota is known as the Gopher state) is fine. Temperature may reach 50F today though it's a bit cloudy. Highly unusual for this time of year but that's global warming for ya.

Here's a good story from hereabouts:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/49984095/ns/today-good_news/#.ULYZZ9PjnBQ

Retiree gives his store to his employees!

• I am trying to upload a picture but so far no luck

Attached files image
  • Holy Cow, I did not mean to chase everyone away with our picture!Did not realize it would come so big and I do not know why there are copies of the same picture in attatchments??? :?:

• Just want to avoid confusion. The big picture is Carol & I. Earlier I had a picture of Carol with the waiter as our Avitar

WARREN, CAROL IS A BEAUTIFUL LADY.. I LOVE THE PICTURE.

I'M SO GLAD YOU 2 HAD A GREAT TIME!! YOU LOOK RESTED.

JUDY.. THE COUNTDOWN KINDS OF FORCES YOU TO POST EVERY DAY. LOL.

HOPE ALL IS WELL. SALAVTORE IS A DOLL!!

HI RICHARD.YES.. I READ THAT STORY ON LINE & IT WAS ON THE NEWS!! ALL BOSSES SHOULD TAKE A LESSON FROM HIM &

GIVE BACK TO THEIR EMPLOYEES. SOME OF US ARE NOT THAT LUCKY..

EVERYONE,, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

• 21 days until Christmas............

HAVE A GREAT DAY, ALL!!!

:)

• Good morning all......

Heading to Target to do some shopping. Hope everyone has a great day!!

• 20 days until Christmas...........

• The following is a story I wrote last year. I think I posted it then. If I did that's okay, it is still appropriate for the season. The following story was written by me. While the concept behind it is old, I copied from no one.

A CHRISTMAS STORY BY OLD GOAT

(To keep all lawyers happy I will admit that much of this story is adapted from different author’s writings. I especially pay homage to Matthew, Mark Luke & John who gave us the original.)

Little Johnny came to his father in early December and said ”Daddy, some of the boys in my class said Santa is make believe and a fake!” I told them that I would ask you and then I would know the truth. Well Daddy, what is the truth.

Son, first let me ask you if you enjoy giving gifts to people at Christmas time. Well yes Johnny said, I like the look in their eyes and the happiness in their face when they open them. I know I made someone happy. Son, the beginning of the Christmas story started in a stable over 2000 years ago. The baby Jesus was born and people came from far & wide to pay homage to him. Three kings came and brought gifts of Gold and precious fragrances . Gift giving started way back then. Some time later people began giving gifts to each other to show their love and gratitude to others. In different countries the one in charge of the gift giving was called different names. There was St. Nicholas, Father Christmas and many others including Santa Claus. Now Mommy & Daddy know that Santa has an awfully big task to get all the presents that people want all in one night, Christmas eve. So Mommies & Daddies all over the world pitch in and buy gifts and become Santa’s helpers.

It is easy to say, like your friends, no, there is no Santa. But the spirit of Christmas has prevailed for over those 2000 years since Jesus was born. I for one am not going to take the chance of saying that spirit does not exist because I want to wake up on Christmas morning and find many of the gifts I hoped for!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY, WARREN!!

& SO TRUE.

KEEP POSTING STORIES..YOU ALWAY HAVE THE BEST ONES.

HI DEB!!! HOW DID SHOPPING GO??

I NEED ONLY 2 MORE GIFTS & I AM DONE..(BUT I DID START

MONTHS AGO).LOL

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :santa:

• Hi Patsy, Deb, Warren....great story Warren!!!!

Have a great day.

• Good morning.....

Warren.....love the story :-)

Judy....I know the holidays will be bittersweet for you, thank God for Salvatore!!

Patsy...I too am almost finished. Just a few gift cards and some stocking stuffers. Getting our tree tomorrow and next week I'll start baking....can't wait to make Struffoli!!!

• Hello,

Glad some of you liked my Christmas story. One of the hardest things about moving to Florida was leaving our Children & Grandchildren 1200 miles away. It especially hits home around the Holidays. Travel around Christmas is incredibly chaotic. We went up the first Christmas that we lived here and it was a mess. We have not tried it since. We have gone up in the summer a few times and all our kids came down here the first few years with the grandchildren in the summer. Now it is too hard for us to go up there and the kids families have reached a point where it is not feasible for them to come for several reasons. When we really need one or more of them they will come alone. My youngest son was here for Carol's cancer operation and my daughter was here last December (beginning of the month) for my heart operation. My oldest son has been here in the middle of business trips twice. I will miss all of them very much comes Christmas but I will try and not get maudlin for Carol's sake. It was after all our decision to move here and not their's.

Got some Christmas shopping done today up at Brandon Mall. We have a bus that stops right in front of our Clubhouse that takes us there and back. Will try & do the rest of our shopping here in Sun City Center. We have a Beall's department store, Home Depot and a lot of small stores right here in our town. Looks like I am rambling on. Ta Ta for now... :santa:

• GOOD MORNING, FREINDS :)

HI WARREN..ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SHOPPING. I AM GOING TOMORROW WITH MY DAUGHER TONIANN TO 86TH ST TO FINISH

UP MY LAST MINUTE STUFF.

NEXT WEEK IS SHOPPING FOR FOOD.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :santa:

• Good Morning,

You people are good with your shopping....I barely started, just got a few things so far....Yikes!!!!!!

• Good morning....

Heading out to get my Christmas tree today...hopefully I'll have everything done by the weekend.

Have a good day all :-)

• No shopping today! Carol had a Doctors visit this AM. Then we went to an open house in one of our Club Houses, put a Toy in a collection box for needy children, had some coffee, hot choclate, and cookies. We then toured the various craft shops and sat awhile and listened to live Christmas music. This evening we will attend the "Mostly Pops" Christmas concert at the main clubhouse. We go to it every year and it is a 30 piece orchestra and the singers are a local TV newsman and his wife & son.(John Wilson & Family)

How about a story! It was a cold winters morning in about 1944. We had moved from our apartment down the block on 12th Street 4 doors up to a private home that my parents scraped enough money together to buy. No central heat. Coal stove in the kitchen, pot belly stove in the basement for Hot Water. Third floor was rented to a family and they had a kerosene run stove in the kitchen with a small hot water heater attatched. Anyways, I woke up first that morning and found that it had snowed overnight. First snow in our own home! I quietly opened the bedroom window a bit and found about 3" of fresh snow ready for packing into snowballs. I opened the window a litle further and packed up a couple of snowballs and saw how far I could pitch them into our backyard. What a thrill. Throwing snowballs into our own yard! Shortly the family started to wake and I heard my Father bellow "Okay boys, get those shovels and clean off the stoop, walkway and front sidewalk and do a good job. Remember, he said, this is our house and we have responsibilities." That stuck with me and even though I no longer have to worry abour "cleaning off the snow", the responsibility of owning a home has always stuck with me. :santa:

• Hello everyone-sorry I haven't been on..between working 6 days a week, Christmas shopping after work & watching Justin, I haven't had time. Happy Belated Birthday to all my blog friends..Warren-love the pic of u & Carol..you look like a great couple..keep those great stories coming..I love them..going to have a rain/snow mix tomorrow night-1st time I'm going to see snow since last winter..going to a friend's birthday party today..& after work tomorrow-meeting Jessica & Tina at the mall to shop..have a great day everybody....bye

• 17 days until Christmas.........

• Why does time move so fast? I can't believe it's 16 days until Christmas!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Anna....it must be exhausting working 6 days a week...hope you rest up when you can.

Patsy.....did you go to St Anslem's Christmas Village? I may stop there today.

Judy...you must be excited for Salvatore's first Christmas :-)

Warren...Owning a home is so much more responsibility then I would have imagined!! Especially having a two family, it seems we fix upstairs more than we do in our own place lol

Hello to all of you that haven't been here in a while....we miss you!!!

• Hi Everyone, Choir sang a beutiful Chtistmas Cantata this morning.The pops concert the other night in our Clubhouse was great. 30 piece orchestra and the Wilson Family singers made it a memorible concert.

I do not know what year this occured but anyways... I came out of Choir practice at 12th Street Church on a Tuesday night in December. It had snowed some,just enough to be pretty but not messy or dangerous. As I approached 5th Avenue I heard the speaker from the record store belting out Christmas songs on the Avenue. When I reached 5th ave I could smell the Pine trees which were up for sale on the corner. The Lights on the Avenue were beautiful. Mostly red & green. Shoppers were busy bustling about before the stores would close for the night. It really sent chills up and down my spine. In those days people in the neigborhood did not have a lot of money or worldly goods but the spirit of Christmas was all over the place. On the way up the block I could still hear the music, the snow crunched under my shoes and I felt like I was walking on air. Remember when buying a gift for someone you cared for gave you a wonderful feeling though it only cost a couple of dollars? They advertise cars for a Christmas present nowadays. I was thrilled when I got a shirt & tie!!! People met each other on the street and wished each other MERRY CHRISTMAS, not just Happy Holidays. Parents were busy either shopping or trying to find hiding places where the children could not find them before they went under the tree. I am sure some of that spirit lives today and that people are greatful as we were to have family and be able to exchange gifts regardless of the cost. :santa:

• Hi Everyone,

Yes Deb, I am so excited for Salvatore's first Christmas....this year is so bittersweet. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to decorate but I had to do it for my Grandson....and my own kids too (they are never to old to decorate the house). I swear he is like a gift from my Mom...he is just making everything a little easier to deal with....He went to see Santa today...He loved him!!! LOL

Attached files image

JUDY..WHAT A GREAT PICTURE. I HAVE MY 3 KIDS 1ST XMAS PIC W/SANTA IN FRAMES ON THE TREE. THEY ARE MY MOST FAVORITE

ORNAMENTS. LOOK AT SALVATORE SMILING. NOT AN INCH OF FEAR

SITTING W/SANTA. HE'S A SMART ONE. HE KNOWS WHO TO SMILE AT!!! SUCH A DOLL..

HI DEB.. I WENT TO 86TH ST W/MY DAUGHTERS & FINISHED UP.

SOME STOCKING STUFFERS LET & I'M DONE!! CALL YOU, SOON.

WARREN. I AGREE. THERE IS STILL SOME SPIRIT LEFT FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!! NOT AS MUCH, AS BACK IN THE DAY, DUE

TO LIFE BEING A LITTLE MORE STRESSFUL FOR LOTS OF PEOPLE.

HOPEFULLY, CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR WILL HELP SOOTHE.

ANNA. YOU'RE A BUSY ONE.. ENJOY, BUT RELAX A LITTLE, TOO.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :santa:

• 15 days until Christmas.............

• Where the heck is everyone!!!!

TERRY, SUZIE, JOEY, ANTHONY,JEANETTE!!!!!!and everyone else...

• Judy that picture is priceless <3 He is definitely a gift xoxo

Patsy I owe you a phone call....

• Judy I was just thinking that....where the hell is Big Mama!!! and everyone else!!!

• I hate to repeat myself folks but I will. A lot of our "regular" bloggers have deserted us for Facebook. Again I say that is their perrogative. However, when we were all showing concern on here for people during Sandy, the least some of them could have done was to come on here to let us know if they were all right. I have been informed that some of them went on Facebook and did just that. That is the reason I went off the blog for a week to gather my thoughts without coming on here and naming names and hurting feelings.

Do any of you remember a great Movie called "And Then There Were None". It was based on a best selling book. :santa:

HI WARREN.. I HEARD OF THAT MOVIE, BUT I NEVER GOT

TO SEE IT!! I WILL KEEP IT IN MIND.

HI JUDY.. THANX FOR THE COUNTDOWN.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :santa:

• Good morning....

Pretty chilly out today...stay warm!!

• Hello-just finished wrapping some gifts..Judy-love those beautiful Christmas graphics..hi Warren, Patsy and Debbie..looks like we are the only ones on here lately..I've been wondering for awhile now, why no one is coming on here..and Warren, you're right..someone could have come on & told us they were ok after Sandy..oh well, sometimes you just have to let things go...with that, I'll say goodnight...talk to u soon....bye

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :santa:

• Good morning.....

Is everyone done decorating? I have a few things to put on the tree and I'm done!!

Have a good day all.....

• Decorations inside & outside are finished! Tree in Great room was the last thing. I leave decorating that to Carol & she does a great job. I have not started wrapping Carol's gifts yet. Gifts to Children & Grandchildren were mailed on Monday. Orange packages we send to our kids have started to arrive. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas is coming. Christmas Party tonight, prime rib dinner at the clubhouse Friday, open house with a neighbor on Sunday (After the Giant game of course) and we are having a few couples over on thursday 12/20 for coffee & cake. We used to have a big party with all kinds of hor's Derves and cakes & such. Now it is just 3 other couples and just coffee & cake... :santa:

Some memories of Christmas time in the slope. Snow on the streets, lots of lights & music on 5th Avenue, Germains all lit up & Decorated, Christmas movies in the Prospect, Sanders, Globe, Avon & 16th Street Theaters. Shop keepers happy about there registers going ca-ching-ka-ching, the smell of Pine Trees, lots of smiles and looks of anticipation especially on Children's faces. I will never forget growing up on 12th Street and all that went with living in the Slope. :bounce: :santa: :rendeer:

• 13 days until Christmas......

• HI GUYS..

DEB.. I HAVE BEEN FINISHED SINCE FRIDAY AFTER

THANKSGIVING, INSIDE & OUT, LOL

SHOPPING IS JUST ABOUT DONE TOO. I JUST HAVE A LITTLE

MORE FOOD SHOPPING FOR THE EVE TO DO. (WHEW).. :santa:

HI WARREN.. SOUNDS LIKE YOU & CAROL HAVE IT ALL UNDER

CONTROL..

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!

ENJOY!! :santa:

• 12 days until Christmas..............

• Good Morning,

How is everyone...not doing too good...I just cannot get myself motivated...I have so much to do and don't feel like doing anything!!!! Hope I get out of this mood....sorry to be such a downer.

Have a great day...

• Hello All,

This message is for anyone who is feeling down & out but I especially ask Judy that she read it. A litle backround first. In the last approximately 3 years I have lost 2 brothers and my sister. One of my brothers was ordained to the ministry late in life. He became a Chaplin for at least 2 organizations that I know of. During his visitations with people in need of comforting he would leave a business card with them. On the card it says the following:

"Good Morning. This is GOD. I will be handling all of your problems today. I won't need any of your help! Have a good day. I love you."

He (my brother) was not trying to be GOD but just wanted to spread the word in his capacity as Chaplin. He continued to visit people in need until he was admitted to a nursing home for his final days. He could no longer stand up or walk across the room but his spirits were high and he was a true believer in what the card he distributed said on it. If it brings you any comfort just remember Ernest D. Carson who was my brother & friend. [-oB

• Hi Warren, Thank you for the words of encouragement....I guess this being the first Christmas without my mom is really getting to me as Christmas approaches..,.I know I have so much to be thankful for, my kids, my new grandson and my husband, but it is hard to get some spirit in me....I guess also with the storms we had and all we lost so much time that Christmas is coming too fast and I have so much to do....Hopefully each day I will remember your brothers words and it will help me get through it....thanks so much for caring enough to tell me about your brother, he seemed like a wonderful and caring person....

Goodnight!!

T.G.I.F.!!!

WARREN..A WONDERFUL STORY..

JUDY, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.

I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE W/O LOVED ONES ON THESE

SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

YOU HAVE THAT BEAUTIFUL GRANDSON..GOD BLESS & ENJOY!!

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

• 11 days until Christmas............

• Hi all....

Judy...the first of everything is always the hardest :-( do the best you can and don't push yourself. We lost my dad on Dec 18 and til this day, 20 years later, Christmas is not the same, although anytime we lose a loved one the holidays aren't the same. Hang tough girl xoxo

Patsy....I was on 86th today and, of course, I always look for you in TJ Maxx lol

Warren....we should all remember that saying, it will help us get through the day.

I'm sure everyone has heard about that terrible shooting in CT...God bless those families.

• Hi-so glad it's the weekend..meeting Jessica tomorrow for breakfast & Christmas shopping..going to watch Justin overnight tomorrow then drop Cody off for his "spa" day on Sunday morning..Judy-stay strong..this time of year can be overwhelming..take the time to relax, enjoy your new grandson and family..sad day today for the families in that Connecticut shooting..God bless them....good night..

• 10 days until Christmas........

• Good morning.....

Anna....have fun shopping :-) I'm hoping to wrap what's left today and get out my cards. My girls wrapped most of the presents for me :-)

Judy....Happy Birthday to Crystal!!!!

Patsy and Warren have a great weekend!!

• Good Morning...

Had to post this for my granson....he loves Micky and Minnie...LOL Yesterday was my daughter Crystal's "30th" birthday, we all went out to eat and then all the young ones went to Atlantic City and me and my husband took the baby home to babysit.....what a joy waking up to his little smiling face......its the first time he slept here for the whole night.....what fun I am having..Now I have to feed him his cereal for the first time..Yikes!!! Boy you would never believe I raised 3 kids, you forget everything!!!!

Have a great day!!!

• hi everyone,hope everyone is doing o.k me and family are fine.judy i know is not easy being without mom for the 1st xmas,but god opens one door{grandson} and closes another{mom} but you will always have fond memoirs of mom,they can,t take them away from you,try to focus on the good times with mom,just dig deep down. there,s a little place past the heart and right before the soul,yea thats the place judy.you,ll always have the special place for mom,when i,m feeling down over something wheather its a loved one,or something like that,i focus on the special place,and think of the good memoirs,works every time,ok everyone I WILL stop by again before xmas,to wish everyone a merry xmas,and happy new year,and holiday cheer to everyone.and warren i do remember that record store on 12 st and 5th ave.i was in there a couple of times.it was between 12 and 13 st,on the right hand side,if you were walking towards 9 st.ok take care.take one day at a time,and do the best you can.bobby c

• Thanks Donna and everyone else for all your kind words...I am feeling a little better...My grandson just makes me so happy.....

JUDY, DEBBIE, WARREN & ANNA & BOBBY.

NICE TO SEE YOU ALL ON HERE.

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD WEEKEND!!

I AM VERY SADDENED BY THE CT SHOOTING. IT MAKES ME SICK

TO MY STOMACH. I HOPE & PRAY SOMETHING CHANGES WITH THE

GUN LAWS. 'GOD BLESS AMERICA."

• I HAD A NICE WEEKEND.

MY CUZZIES TERRY & MIKE WERE OVER STAURDAY NIGHT FOR A XMAS

GET TOGETHER..

MILDRED ROMANO, PETER & CAROL LOVAGLIO & SOME OTHER FRIENDS

CAME. WE HAD ALOT OF FUN & LAUGHS!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A NICE DAY!! :santa:

• Sometimes I wish I was 10 years old again! Very few worries. No health problems. To young to think about sex. Girls were still a pain in the ass. Yea,I startred to have doubts about the existence of Santa but I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut. All I could think about this time of year was "What am I going to get for Christmas"... Too old for little toys, too young for real expensive ones. (My Parents could not afford them anyways) What a time of life. What shall we play in the street tonight. Ringo Leaveeeo, Buck, Buck How Many Horns Are Up?

Kick the Can?.. Important decisions...Is the sleigh in good shape? Had to share it with my brothers and they were not too careful with it. Great. no homework this week!!!Will my Mother like the gift I got for her? They were my important worries. The war did not get me too upset. No one except my Uncle Arthur was n the Army so far. Rationing stopped us from enjoying some of our favorite meals, but I never went hungry...The Dodgers were still playing but most of their stars were in the service. I missed Pee Wee & Duke & Carl Furillo and some of the others but it was still baseball...Gee, Sometimes I wish I was 10 years old again! :santa:

HI WARREN.. YES THE EASY CAREFREE DAYS!!

I WISH I COULD GO BACK TOO TO SOME WONDERFUL

OLD DAYS.

IT'S TRUE WHAT THEY SAY' THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE ARE

ALWAYS THE BEST'.

EVERYONE.. ENJOY YOUR DAY!! :santa:

• Good morning.....

Warren.....if only we could go back, even for a day :-)

Judy....is it really only 8 days wow

Patsy....sounds like you had a great weekend :-)

Anna....how was your weekend?