Marine Park's militant Neighborhood Watch Group — Brooklynian

Marine Park's militant Neighborhood Watch Group

"The Jewish Defense Organization"

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories/2012/29/mm_jewishjustice_2012_07_20_bk.html

I suspect most of its members are between 18 and 25....

Comments

• I like to see some cracked heads.

• Like all groups of this variety, this group will attract people who like to crack heads.

Group 1: Angry Jewish guys

Group 2: Angry people that hate Group 1.

When you announce that you are looking for a fight, you either find one, or it comes to you.

• I have a feeling there's more bravado than fact here. I would think that the first time anyone gets a cracked skull these guys would be the ones the cops would come looking for. Maybe it's a case of speaking loudly and not carrying such a big stick.

• I have a feeling there's more bravado than fact here. I would think that the first time anyone gets a cracked skull these guys would be the ones the cops would come looking for. Maybe it's a case of speaking loudly and not carrying such a big stick.

• In a post Zimmerman-Martin society, this group may allow thinking people permission to again play active roles in recognized, trained neighborhood watch groups.

Here's my thought process: Often, one must have a hothead (or a group of hotheads) nearby, so the audience can tell the difference between them and thinking people. Using this basis this group may be genuinely useful.

• Good point. Better to have rational people marginalize the ones who shoot first and ask questions later. Years ago when people in a neighborhood actually cared about each other everyone looked out for everyone else. Today this is not the case in many areas. It's every person for themselves.

• It appears the CH Shomrim caught a flasher yesterday:

http://www.crownheights.info/index.php?itemid=45538&catid=23#c

Sounds like it was handled pretty non violently.

• dang no cut off nuts!!!

• Perhaps the Jewish Defense Org will claim he flashed in CH, and not Marine Park, because Shomrim is generally of the nonviolent, thinking variety.

Some groups will go to great lengths to justify their methods.....

This discussion has been closed.