Clinton Hill car services have sucked lately. - Brooklynian

Clinton Hill car services have sucked lately.

Newbell and Myrtle used to be pretty reliable, but lately their lines are either endlessly busy, or the operator "doesn't have any cars in the area".

Over the past 6 weeks Pratt and Evelyn have been just as bad. I'd say over 50% of the time I end up not taking a car or just walking to the nearest big intersection and flagging a towncar or a yellow cab (if I get lucky).

Has anyone else been having these problems? Does anyone have any car services that have been working for them?

Comments

• I would say don't ever take Monaco Car Service! They left us stranded when we had to get to La Guardia two weeks ago. I can't remember which service we ultimately called that came quickly...a friend gave us the number, they were all the way in Cobble Hill. There has to be a good one closer than that.
  • Car services have been suckin!! I've had three weekends where I was planning on taking a car to somewhere else in brooklyn (in early evening, around 8 or so) and I called Bushwick, New Bell, Evelyn and Pratt- all busy or told me to "call back in 15 minutes, no car!"

wtf. then I wait for the G and we all know how that goes...
  • They always suck whenever there is snow and ice because no one drives their own cars... During the last snowstorm the snow and ice lingered for a while. Now that spring is here (hopefully) you should see some improvement.
  • Have you tried New Cypress? My boyfriend uses them on a regular basis to get to work and they haven't let him down.
  • ^^ up for any newcomers
  • the Clinton Hill area services have always been unreliable.

we have nothing to compare to Metroline or Northside in Williamsburg.
  • Remi_CH wrote: the Clinton Hill area services have always been unreliable.

we have nothing to compare to Metroline or Northside in Williamsburg.
    Oh Northside, how I love thee. Greatest car service ever.

I actually still use them. Sometimes they'll come to Clinton Hill
  • I agree though, it has been worse than usual. New Bell is the best bet. Pften Pratt does not even answer the phone it seems. Transamerica, I think, is another that has been working for me.
This discussion has been closed.