running in this heat — Brooklynian

running in this heat

Ugh, this is brutal. Came back and after about 15 minutes the towel I was using to dry off felt like I'd dropped it in a swimming pool. After 30 minutes passed and I was still sweating, I decided to take a cool shower, but to quote George Castanza, "it didn't take". Then stood in front of my fan for 5 minutes. Still sweating. This will definitely be a multi-shower day. Gross.

Comments

• Went for a run at around 6pm thinking it must have cooled off some. By the time I got up there I realised it may not have been the sanest idea, but plodded on through the haze and bbq fumes. After my shower I got the cold sweats, saw stars and nearly fainted. oops - ozone alert!
  • Fuck this. I treadmill from June-September. Not good for you to be in this eat.
  • erikka wrote: Fuck this. I treadmill from June-September. Not good for you to be in this eat.
    I'm such a wimp about the cold weather that I don't even run outside til around June. :cry:
  • I love the heat. I love biking in this weather. I tried lifting, elipticals, etc, at the gym but they have that place in deep freeze mode. Combine that with slimy sweat, it makes me sick. Literally.
  • Run on the water, west side bike hwy, shore parkway, makes life so much easier in this weather.
This discussion has been closed.