How to access Brooklynian.com at work — Brooklynian

How to access Brooklynian.com at work

edited 5:37PM in Park Slope
Several of you have noted that your companies are blocking access to Brooklynian.com and you've wondered what you can do about it. Here are a couple of work-around ideas (props to WSJ):

1. Use a proxy (a site that will act as a go-between, traveling to the site you want and displaying it for you). It's true that software that blocks specfic websites will also probably block proxies... but will it block 4,000+ proxies? That's how many proxies are listed at Proxy.org. Try that site and report back if any of them work for you.

2. Use Google translations and do an "English-to-English" translation. Type this into your web browser: google.com/translate?langpair=en|en&u=www.brooklynian.com

Comments

• Proxies - they're not just for pr0n anymore! :wink:
  • using a proxy might be considered a flag for a company's IT department and then they start paying more attention to you and what you're doing. It's better to make friends with an IT person and ask them to unblock it for you instead.
  • pensodyssey wrote: Nerds!
    Wha, us? :D
  • What if the IT person is in Banglor, or worse, from Banglor on a $30K contract scowling at among $75K users?
  • pensodyssey wrote: Nerds!
    JOCK!
  • for shame daily heights, stealing company time by posting :O.

now thats out of the way. yay :p. if i was working for a company i would be reading and posting ;).
  • thank jeebus 95% of my company's operations relies on us being on an unrestricted internet server! the 5% that doesnt require so is comprised of employees eating lunch and taking cigarette breaks.
  • ballalaechka wrote: What if the IT person is in Banglor, or worse, from Banglor on a $30K contract scowling at among $75K users?
    Jay Leno said something last night, to the effect that a leading company in India handling outsourced customer service is itself outsourcing. Where to? (Wait for it...) Ohio!
This discussion has been closed.