BOARD UNDER RENOVATION! - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOARD UNDER RENOVATION!

Brooklynian: website. A board barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first crash-proof board. Brooklynian will be that board. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Well... some much-needed optimization needs to take place. So everything looks weird. And nothing works. Because we nuked all the board "mods" (modifications) that gave it all those cool features. Not all of the features are coming back.

We ask for a little patience as we figure out this thing and (attempt to) get rid of those pesky error messages and server crashes.

Comments

• Subject: Re: BOARD UNDER RENOVATION!

dailyheights wrote: ...Better, stronger, faster.
    Your work is never over.

:)

But it is very much appreciated.

Thanks moocho for keeping the hamster wheels a-turning back there.
  • DH, you know what you're going to have to change your avatar to, dontcha?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=woOLEEu8RLI
  • what manner of...

what have you done with my precious rating stars?

oh, treachery
  • please mr heights fix the new smilies. they're one of my favorite things :p.
  • Karma without the ability for mods to skew the results....I'd be for that!
  • Flexichick wrote: Karma without the ability for mods to skew the results....I'd be for that!
    then it wouldn't be any fun.
  • alafairnadia wrote: [quote=Flexichick]Karma without the ability for mods to skew the results....I'd be for that!
    then it wouldn't be any fun.

oh, i don't know about that. i wasn't a mod yet when all that went down, and i had a pretty good time... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • much more fun to level the playing fields and watch what happens
  • ahhh....the good old days.
  • DUMM Question (tm): is it still possible to edit one's Regular/Guest etc status line?

Mine has disappeared and defaulted to "Regular" but I see that's not the case for most others.

Back in de deyy (before the Great Purge of late) there was a module enabled that allowed for this to be edited on one's profile page. Am guessing that was chucked after the recent 503 service unavailable strife.

So, fellow freedom/boredom writers, what's the other method of doing this that has left all of yours unscathed and untouched by recent site tectonics?

No worries if it's no longer available. Just thought I'd ask, since many folks still seem to have user status fields edited as goofy as they like.

Mooch-as gracias
  • A lot of people miss that mod. once we determine that it's safe to add mods back in, that will be near the top of the list.
  • jeffrey wrote: DUMM Question (tm): is it still possible to edit one's Regular/Guest etc status line?

Mine has disappeared and defaulted to "Regular" but I see that's not the case for most others.

Back in de deyy (before the Great Purge of late) there was a module enabled that allowed for this to be edited on one's profile page. Am guessing that was chucked after the recent 503 service unavailable strife.

So, fellow freedom/boredom writers, what's the other method of doing this that has left all of yours unscathed and untouched by recent site tectonics?

No worries if it's no longer available. Just thought I'd ask, since many folks still seem to have user status fields edited as goofy as they like.

Mooch-as gracias
    you may be assuming some of the funky ones are personal, while actually they're board-standard once you have a bunch of posts. (such as crabby native, carneviento devotee, etc.)
  • dailyheights wrote: A lot of people miss that mod. once we determine that it's safe to add mods back in, that will be near the top of the list.
    Exxxxxxxcellent, Smithers!

/me massages cat
    sweet tea wrote: you may be assuming some of the funky ones are personal, while actually they're board-standard once you have a bunch of posts. (such as crabby native, carneviento devotee, etc.)
    Ah...it all makes sense now. I was wondering why more than a few people actually happened to be Bruce Ratner's Love Child.

:lol:

Thanks
  • I miss that one. I STILL want to know if there's any ham in that cooler.

Also, crossposting. I misses it!
  • BTW, I feel a bit bad about posting a comment in this thread earlier that may be considered, um, snarky? Anyway, I did want to say that I appreciate everyone's effort on this board, and the continuing efforts to make it better. Thank you very much to our hosts and the mods here too, your efforts are appreciated and you guys get far too much crap and not nearly enough thanks.

So thank you.
  • daver wrote: BTW, I feel a bit bad about posting a comment in this thread earlier that may be considered, um, snarky? Anyway, I did want to say that I appreciate everyone's effort on this board, and the continuing efforts to make it better. Thank you very much to our hosts and the mods here too, your efforts are appreciated and you guys get far too much crap and not nearly enough thanks.

So thank you.
    thank you for noticing!
    :wink:
  • In addition to ratings and cross-posting, I'm most-missing the preview function, where you mouse over the topic and get the first line without opening the thread.

Wish we could make this thread Global
    (sigh)

dailyheights, keep up the bang-your-head-against-the-wall good work!
  • pitu wrote: In addition to ratings and cross-posting, I'm most-missing the preview function, where you mouse over the topic and get the first line without opening the thread.
    FWIW, i miss this feature most of all, too.
  • pitu wrote: dailyheights, keep up the bang-your-head-against-the-wall good work!
    You may indeed bang your head, but please note:

Metal health will drive you mad.

................... ............. /' /)
    ................./´ /)........./¯ //
    ..............,/¯// ......... /...//
    ............./...//. ......./¯ //
    .........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
    ........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
    ........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
    ................... ..... ../..../
    ..........''....... ..... . _.•´
    ................... ..... ..(
    ................... ..... ...

[Insert requisite "Rock On" line here. (hee)]
  • daver wrote: BTW, I feel a bit bad about posting a comment in this thread earlier that may be considered, um, snarky? Anyway, I did want to say that I appreciate everyone's effort on this board, and the continuing efforts to make it better. Thank you very much to our hosts and the mods here too, your efforts are appreciated and you guys get far too much crap and not nearly enough thanks.

So thank you.

suck up :p.
  • daver wrote: BTW, I feel a bit bad about posting a comment in this thread earlier that may be considered, um, snarky? Anyway, I did want to say that I appreciate everyone's effort on this board ...
    You mean "sputter sputter"? Actually, I thought it was funny. But now that I know you were being snarky, I hate you. Jerk.

(j/k lol bff)
  • I miss the ratings. I loved being able to star to show my agreement. Plus it was cool to search for posts I'd rated or posts of mine that had been rated. That brought me back to some interesting threads...
  • ................... ............. /' /)
    ................./´ /)........./¯ //
    ..............,/¯// ......... /...//
    ............./...//. ......./¯ //
    .........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
    ........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
    ........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
    ................... ..... ../..../
    ..........''....... ..... . _.•´
    ................... ..... ..(
    ................... ..... ...
    How the...? Amazing.

Anyways, whatever work gets done on the site, I'm sure DH will still be the same great time swallower as it always is. Plum happy that DH allows me to post my weekly rants without kicking me off. THANKS.
  • Yea, I noticed Brooklynian was down like last week :(

Glad to see you're Alive & Kicking (one of my favorite songs by Simple Minds btw :lol: )
This discussion has been closed.