Laundromat on Empire Boulevard (formerly at 73 Empire) — Brooklynian

Laundromat on Empire Boulevard (formerly at 73 Empire)

The laundromat closed a few months ago and vacated its space (which was reportedly going to become a Walgreens). The laundromat is moving a few doors down next to the Buzz Night Club (which is at 103 Empire)

Last night on my way home I saw the rear of the laundromat on Sullivan Place; machines have been installed. One of the guys told me that the laundromat will reopen on August 15.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Pictures of the laundromat in progress from the rear. You can see the machines in some of the shots. The card reading machines haven't been installed yet.
  • edited August 2014
    You seem very interested in this new laundry.

Are the present local options lousy?
  • AWKWARD NEW YORK: 7 AWFUL THINGS ABOUT DOING LAUNDRY IN NEW YORK CITY

#1 through 3 illustrate what frustrates me about the laundry room in my own building.

This laundromat is larger and has more machines than the small laundry room in my own building.

This laundromat is also 24 hours and my building's laundromat is not.

• In that case, I'd watch it's progress too.
  • The laundromat though isn't new. It just relocated. :) It's moving into a spot which has been vacant for ages

That's an example of something on that stretch of Empire Boulevard that is not a storage unit or a fast food joint. 
  • Just hook a portable washer to a sink. Those are awesome. Especially in the winter:) If the super or landlord comes, drape a sheet over it.
This discussion has been closed.