Rumors Of ‘Adult Establishment’ Prevent Gravesend Bar From Opening Near 3 Schools - Brooklynian

Rumors Of ‘Adult Establishment’ Prevent Gravesend Bar From Opening Near 3 Schools

http://brooklynbrief.com/protests-rumors-front-adult-business-prevent-gravesend-bar-opening-near-3-schools-now/
Legitimate fears of an "adult establishment" near children? Or wariness of outsiders (or locals' own) lude conduct on display? 
(Story I did today; your thoughts welcome).

Comments

• It's spelled LEWD. You need a better spell check.
  • But if I spelled it correctly, you wouldn't get a chance to make a pithy comment :) good catch.

Feel free to tell me your thoughts on the substance of the article as well.
  • There's a bar across the street from a school where I live on Long Island that has music and I've been in there and it's just locals that hoist a few, sit and watch tv and listen to the juke box. The burgers are pretty good too. Nice place. Since we don't know the owner's intentions or even what his hours might be I think the neighborhood is up in arms a little too soon. If it's a strip club then they're right to be concerned, if not then it's much ado about nothing. I don't think school kids will be going in for a beer on the way home.