What on earth just happened on Park PL? — Brooklynian

What on earth just happened on Park PL?

So at around 10:40 I hear some people yelling. I assume they're just drunk and ignore it. However, it keeps going so I get my butt off the couch and peak out the blinds. I see three NYPD cruisers parked outside of 838 Park Place and one guy in cuffs is getting loaded in the back of one. Then suddenly six more cruisers and vans descend on my block! That brings the total number of NYPD cars that I could see to 9! They then all drive off in under about 15 minutes. Some people we're yelling murder and a lady was screaming for an ambulance. What on earth just happened?! 

Comments

• Not sure what happened, but I saw 3-4 cops up on the steps of 849 Park handcuffing one of the guys that "works" on the block. Folks were standing on the sidewalk side of the gate taking cell phone videos and screaming at the police. Evidently, the cops got worried that it may get out of hand and they called for backup. They managed to get the guy cuffed and hustled him into the car pretty quickly so that by the time backup showed up he was already in the back of the cruiser.

Somebody's mother was yelling and screaming at the cops as they pulled off, and the cops seemingly were jawing back with her. Don't know what caused it all, but like you said it ended very quickly.
  • @homeowners I couldn't really see the crowd from my view point. I saw the guys mother try to cross the road when the cops loaded the arrestee in the cruiser. I'm extremely impressed with how quickly the cops handled the whole thing. Did the guy in cuffs look heart to you? Cause he looked just fine to me.

I hope the cops are finally going to clean up 849 Park. It would be nice to no longer have to deal with their nonsense. You'd think after one raid and now another arrest they'd try to be a bit more discreet. 

• I hope the cops are finally going to clean up 849 Park. It would be nice to no longer have to deal with their nonsense. You'd think after one raid and now another arrest they'd try to be a bit more discreet. 
    Do you ever pay attention to news outside of your block? Not sure you should be trusting the cops these days.
  • edited October 2014
    @chekhovian Haha! You must not know my posts here. 

Perhaps you should pay attention to a poster's history before speaking out of turn? I trust the cops less than probably anyone else here. That being said 849 Park Pl dos have a pretty bad reputation on the block. 
  • He didn't look injured when I saw him, although there were four cops on him trying to cuff him so its possible he was hurt in some way. I thought for sure it was going to escalate when seemingly every cop in the precinct showed up afterwards, but they just got into their cars and drove away, without engaging with anyone.
  • "Speaking out of turn"?
  • @homeowner So he was resisting? He looked pretty docile when they put him in the cruiser. 
  • I wouldn't say resisting as much as "not as compliant as the cops would like". As we've seen from the Eric Garner case, its pretty easy to go from that to four cops sitting on your chest.
This discussion has been closed.