meditation or weight loss support groups (non weight watchers) — Brooklynian

meditation or weight loss support groups (non weight watchers)

Hi fellow Brooklynians

I am looking for an AA style weight loss support group IN Brooklyn that happens on evenings or weekends.

That or a meditation group. I really want to work on creating a support network of people who manage their stress effectively without alcohol or food.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Mrs. booklaw attends weekly Weight Watcher meetings at Flatbush near 8th Avenue. She has lost considerable weight that way.
  • Why not OA?
  • I looked up OA, and they meet in the daytime. I wonder do these people work?

• Mrs. booklaw attends weekly Weight Watcher meetings at Flatbush near 8th Avenue. She has lost considerable weight that way.
    I started out with WW through the hospital where I work. Our group was a constant sales pitch for WW products and the cost/contracts for meetings was off putting.

You signed up and paid in advance for meeting, that you may not be able to attend. I wanted a more drop in when you can resource and pay when you go resource

• Mrs. Booklaw says she buys a package of meetings, and the payment covers each meeting she attends, and doesn't get used up if she fails to attend a meeting.  In other words, she can attend whenever convenient, and the payment is not pegged to any particular session.
  • OA has meetings in different locations days, nights, and weekends and is basically free. I think they ask for a few dollars donation but they don't turn you away if you don't have it.
  • I went there the brooklyn one meets at 1pm on a Wednesday
  • There's also one Monday night, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday night and on both Saturday & Sunday.
  • Thanks, i checked the website and it said wedne
    There's also one Monday night, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday night and on both Saturday & Sunday.
    Hmm, let me give them a call

This discussion has been closed.