19 units to replace approximately 4 units at 195 Sullivan St near Rogers - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

19 units to replace approximately 4 units at 195 Sullivan St near Rogers

195 Sullivan. Anything with some air around it, seems like it is fair game. This one looks like it has a nice deep lot.

Source: http://newyorkyimby.com/2015/04/nineteen-residential-units-coming-to-195-sullivan-place-in-crown-heights.html

About 3 years ago, it sold for $580k
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/193-Sullivan-Pl-Brooklyn-NY-11225/30594667_zpid/

Then it sold for $700k on 10/30/2014
http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/Brooklyn/sold/20816679-195-Sullivan-Pl-Brooklyn-NY-11225

An excavator will soon attack. In about two years, the property will be worth over $6M.

Comments

• I walked by this spot last night. There is a particleboard fence around the property and some of the windows are open, leaving the house open to the elements. Some structural damage on the inside of the house is visible. 
  • The copper piping, HVAC system and appliances may have already been removed.

Some people do that work "for free".
  • I'm sure the people on either side of this are "thrilled" so I guess it's only a matter of time before they sell too.
  • I suspect the owners of those properties were approached by the developer of 195.

Developers can often make more $ when they cobble properties together.

Yet, the Direct TV satellite dishes remain. (I saw at least two.) 
  • edited August 2015
    I'm sure the people on either side of this are "thrilled" so I guess it's only a matter of time before they sell too.
    I liked walking by the single-family homes on Sullivan. It's a welcome break from being surrounded by apartment building after apartment building. Plus, they have actual yards. Soon that street will be like any other. At least the houses on Lincoln Road probably won't go anywhere soon (I believe those are part of the historical district).

Yet, the Direct TV satellite dishes remain. (I saw at least two.) 
    I believe those dishes have no resale value as a result of being passed out free with a Dish subscription.

...it seems they don't have a value at the scrap yard either.
  • The dishes aren't worth anything, it's what's called the "feed horns", the actual antennas that are worth something but then possibly they were obsolete because you have to pay extra to get HD antennas as opposed to SD with Dish.
  • The Q at Parkside posted a list of properties within CB 9 that had demolition permits. This property was on that list.

When I passed by the site on the way to the last Brooklynian gathering, I could see that the house has already been demolished.
  • This site seems to have stalled out... the demo has been done for some time now but no new construction seems eminent.   
  • Perhaps the site's complaining neighbor managed to get work stopped without getting the City to issue a stop work permit?

An injunction?
  • Foundation now reportedly being dug