Dollar Junction on Caton and Flatbush (dollar junction dollar junction DOLLAR JUNCTION) - Brooklynian

Dollar Junction on Caton and Flatbush (dollar junction dollar junction DOLLAR JUNCTION)

spotted this depressing thing this morning on my way to work. The beautiful old bank building on the corner of Flatbush ave and Caton has been for rent for ages, previously having been a mattress place and another bank before that. I felt like the corner location and rear loading entrance made for huge potential as a grocery type place or even an updated Duane Reade if the location up on Parkside were to move out. so imagine my dismay to see it has become, you guessed it, another dollar store; within spitting distance of 3 other giant dollar stores, one of which recently closed. 

But the owner of this one feel the need to have its name plastered on the sides of the building no less than 9 times. you know, just in case you forgot

Photo Apr 24, 9 21 41 AM

Comments

• Key syllable here is junc or otherwise pronounced as junk.
  • But I hear it's becoming a Trader Joe's.
  • But I hear it's becoming a Trader Joe's.
    ha!
  • Mod, there is no need to make up things to try to get people excited.

It is already 4:24 on a Friday.
  • My bad, I think it's actually going to be just the Trader Joe's wine shop...
  • edited April 2015
    Will there be unlimited child care, and a daily drawing for subsidized housing for those who bring a reusable bag?
  • Yeah yeah we get it; flatbush is full of losers
  • My bad, I think it's actually going to be just the Trader Joe's wine shop...
    Oh my god, dont I wish!!! I hate having to go all the way to fucking manhattan for decent cheap wine. Liquor stores can be such a crap shoot. Either expensive, cheap but without a good wine selection, or selling expired wine that seems to have spent 3 summers in a hot closet
This discussion has been closed.