new coffee shop 41st 8th "Parlay" - Brooklynian

new coffee shop 41st 8th "Parlay"

For those of you lurkers who live or at least visit the Sunset Park area: I passed by a place where they were doing construction on 41st and 8th and talked to the owner. Apparently in a couple of short weeks there will be a cafe, that serves real coffee in northern Sunset Park. It will be a sit in cafe, called "Parlay"
The construction looked kinda swanky, so here is to hoping for good morning coffee.

YAY

Comments

• edited May 2015
    @psycho-ologist

Here's how you can be the one in Sunset Park who knows when new restaurants are about to open:    http://www.nychealthratings.com/nycrestapp/browse/3/Sunset Park

NA:   Places that for some reason have applied for an initial inspection.     This could mean they are going to be a new place, or simply have a new manager.    

N:   Once a NA place is inspected, it gets an N.  

Note, the information is not updated everyday.    But by checking it regularly, you can look like a starving genius!

• OMG, thanks. I will use this. We have a dearth of restaurants other Asian and Mexican places, esp in North Sunset Park. I am so excited for a decent coffee shop
  • Because DOH can be so slow in giving initial inspections, the smart restaurants apply for a kitchen inspections right when they begin construction.

This allows one to begin stalking.    
  • The place is open! They open 7 am to 9 pm. I went in for a bite last night. It's a small menu, sort of Malaysian and American comfort food. My friend had a delicious curry chicken, I loved my pulled pork sandwich. Girls next to us ordered wings that looked very yummy...