Need more space, for less? think about looking in South Orange/Maplewood, just 30min from midtown - Brooklynian

Need more space, for less? think about looking in South Orange/Maplewood, just 30min from midtown

South Orange and Maplewood are sister towns that are kind of a hybrid of old fashioned small town meets cosmopolitan urban environment. If I had to pick three adjectives to describe this area they would be; diverse; progressive; beautiful;creative, ok.... that is more than 3, but i could use so many more; close (32 minute train ride to midtown);green; artistic;and so many many more. I am a real estate agent, living and working in South Orange/ Maplewood and I love these two towns. If you would like to come on out to jersey I would be more than happy to give you a tour and let you see for yourself it this might be a place where you could see you and your family living some time in the future.

below please find some information on our towns, market wise.

South Orange/Maplewood Real Estate Market

The market here is like the people, diverse. Prices range from $82,000 to $1,700,000. Small homes to Estates, Mid-century to Victorian, to Georgian, Tudor, Center hall, and almost anything you can think of. It is also a very hot market right now. There are, as of 6/5/15, 210 homes on the market in Maplewood/South Orange, from $400,00 to $1,750,000 (there are actually  two homes on the market for 1.75 million and both are under contract, one spent 14 days on the market and the other 30).  Of the 210 houses 58% are under contract. Of those houses 71% sold in 30 days or less and of that number 56% sold in 15 days or less.  The story is pretty much the same at every price point.  Houses, as always, in the best condition go for the highest prices.  
If you would like a further breakdown of these numbers please send me an email or reach out and call me at 973-701-1200 and I will be happy to supply you with that information.  

If you are thinking of buying now or in the future, you want to be armed with the information which will place you in the most advantageous position in the market.  Hope to hear from you soon!
(All data gathered from the Garden State Multiple Listing Service and deemed to be reliable)

Suzanne Roghanchi
Remax Achievers, Chatham
973-701-1200 office

Sroghanchi@gmail.com