Caton Market Redevelopment — Brooklynian

Caton Market Redevelopment

Mathieu Eugene had a press conference this morning. 

Info is coming in over twitter. 

Looks like 166 units, 10 (?) stories, "new amenities, affordable housing, cultural space. "

Comments

• I think Rachel from DNA info was there. hopefully there will be an article about this soon. I passed by this event on my way to work. I think this building is ugly but not the worst, and mostly i'm hoping for affordable units + quick pace. I really don't want yet another empty lot/halfway built building for this corner.
  • I am glad this administration has balanced the affordable housing requirements in a way that the developers still have an incentive to build.

I was worried during the beginning of his term...
  • I'ma just post an article about it, in case anyone looking for more info drops by: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/city-hall/2015/10/8580946/city-announces-plan-renovate-flatbush-caton-market

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I kinda dig the design. But I do share the concern about them taking their time. Suppleknuckles is absolutely right about that.
  • The most profitable buildings are often built the fastest.

There are only some many laborers and excavators, and they are often allocated in the way that brings the best ROI.
This discussion has been closed.