non stabalized apt — Brooklynian

non stabalized apt

I had to move from 2nd floor to 1st floor now they are telling me that this apt is not stabalized I live
in yonkers ny any idea how much they can raise my rent when my lease is up in jan

Comments

• I had to move from 2nd floor to 1st floor now they are telling me that this apt is not stabalized I live
    in yonkers ny any idea how much they can raise my rent when my lease is up in jan

• Maybe the info in this link might help with finding out if you are rent stabilized.
    http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150303/new-york-city/is-your-apartment-rent-stabilized-this-website-will-help-you-find-out

If it turns out, through your searches, that the building is not stabilized, then you really have no recourse except pleading your case to the landlord and working his/her good side. I think, legally, they can raise it to whatever they want or whatever the market can withstand in your nabe.
  • The owner may have moved you into an apt that has been freed from Stab - numerous ways to do that. You should have done some research before "having to move" but that doesn't help does it. Whole blgs start out ss Stab and controlled, then become mixed. The city has a one page form to catch landlords - fill it out, landlord will not be aware. If they have lied they face treble fines.
  • Since Yonkers is a separate city I doubt that the link to NYC regulations will be of much help. The OP probably should post his/her question on a Yonkers or Westchester County forum.
  • Oh yeah, sorry about that.
This discussion has been closed.