Motorbike delivery guys more reckless on Nostrand - Brooklynian

Motorbike delivery guys more reckless on Nostrand

Has anyone else noticed that the scooter delivery guys are more reckless than ever? I walk mostly but when I drive on Nostrand  between Atlantic and EPi am regulalry confronted now with delivery guys on motor bikes riding against traffic in my lane that they count on me to swerve to avoid. Sometimes thay are crossing diagonally against 2 lanes weaving between cars. Perhaps it is the same 2 drivers but still very crasy.

Comments

• I haven't noticed that in particular here on Nostrand. Throughout the city, I imagine that other people share your perception. I also imagine that nothing will change so long as delivery people's income depends on tips. The faster they deliver, the more deliveries they can make, and the more money they can take home. People in every income bracket will cut corners to make a buck, so it's hard to fault them for it. I think the only things that will effect lasting change are if: (1) Delivery people work for a salary, and no longer depend on tips to survive. (2) Two-way traffic is restored to Nostrand Avenue, so there's no need to ride against the flow.
  • I agree on the wages, totally, but there is not a need to ride against traffic with a motor bike. they need training and reflector jackets.
    grwd said:
    ,,,, I think the only things that will effect lasting change are if: (1) Delivery people work for a salary, and no longer depend on tips to survive. (2) Two-way traffic is restored to Nostrand Avenue, so there's no need to ride against the flow.
  • I have a dash cam in my car so when one of these clowns runs a light or cuts in front of me I can show it's not my fault if I kill them.
  • I wonder how many more people in our area get food delivered now that we are (in the aggregate) wealthier, and have more Seamless accounts.

...It may be that the delivery bikes are more numerous, AND faster due to becoming motor driven.

• They haul ass down the sidewalk here on those electric bikes, which incidentally are illegal to ride on the roads, never mind the sidewalk.  Zero enforcement.
  • When I see them comin down sidewalk I step into their path to force them into road. Agile fools they r.
  • "delivery guys on motor bikes riding against traffic in my lane...count on me to swerve to avoid"

I slow down and flash my lights in daytime, or put on my brights at night. They swerve to avoid ME.