621 Rogers Avenue — Brooklynian

621 Rogers Avenue

1. I suspect that this is a tear-down.

2. The house on the other side of the party wall is not boarded up and it appears to be occupied. 

The zoning is R6 with a Commercial Overlay:C2-3. 

Comments

• I wonder how many times the owner of the house on right has been made offers on their lot.
  • It's just a boarded up house. Plenty of those around. 
    Are you saying it's for sale? or plans filed? or just noting a boarded up house? 
    But yeah, it would be nice if somebody did something with it. People who own these things think in mysterious ways. There is an entire vacant apt building with a killer glass storefront at the prime intersection of parkside and parkside court. Some people like to burn money, I guess. 
    Are you saying it's for sale? or plans filed? or just noting a boarded up house? 
    But yeah, it would be nice if somebody did something with it. People who own these things think in mysterious ways. There is an entire vacant apt building with a killer glass storefront at the prime intersection of parkside and parkside court. Some people like to burn money, I guess. 
    I checked the property records. I believe an LLC owns it, as opposed to the occupied house which is owned by a single person.
    yes! what is the deal with that building on parkside??? it doesn't even have a formal building entrance; you can tell where it was bricked up. i suppose the only way to get to the upstairs is through the sad storefront. but all the windows seem to have horizontal blinds. cult compound?
  • while there's no designs on this building, i'm guessing it will get torn down soon. R6 could mean a small condo building.
  • on a 20X100 ft lot, R6 is pretty small potatoes for most developers. They might not want to bother with something like this. I think you get FAR of 2, which is 4000 sq ft, so maybe 6 units? 
    Another weird vacant building is on the northwest corner of Rogers and Church. It's been rehabbed by some non-profit but as far as I can tell nobody every moved in upstairs. 
  • Well, yesterday I saw some guys walking in this building with hard hats on. 
  • My unpopular opinion is that this block is underbuilt. It's near a subway, on an avenue, not a street, and has got maybe 5 apts, 2 vacant storefronts, a big driveway and a bunch of cars. Not a good use of a block in a housing shortage. 
  • There is money to be made, so the situation is not likely to last long.
  • permit for 621 filed today.

Nothing real exciting.   A four story, 8 unit, 6800 sq ft bldg.

• The permit is for a 20-wide lot, right? So only one of the houses will be torn down?
  • There are demolition permits for both lots. However, a building permit has only been filed for one lot so far.

...expect a building permit for the other lot in the future.
  • Is there a link to the demo permit for the second lot? I can't find it. 
  • Strange, now I can't find it either.

Which may mean I initially misread the permit to state both lots.

• I was about to say...did the owner of the other house sell?
  • I'm genuinely curious about how they demo one side of a pair of wood-framed attached houses.
This discussion has been closed.