Shooting on Franklin and Union, Saturday night. June 10, 2017 - Brooklynian

Shooting on Franklin and Union, Saturday night. June 10, 2017

"Back in Brooklyn, a 22-year-old man was shot in the leg while at Franklin Ave. and Union St. in Crown Heights around 2:30 a.m. He was taken to Kings County Hospital with non-life threatening injuries." http://nypost.com/2017/06/11/five-people-shot-in-separate-shootings-just-minutes-apart/

Comments

• reliable source adds: "NYPD is searching for the suspect who fits the following description: male Black, 6'0", light complexion, short hair, NY Yankees cap and blue jeans. The getaway vehicle is a Nissan with New Jersey license plate number B38 GUP which fled northbound."
  • This corner is notorious. What is the community to do here? Every time this happens there's a cop car stationed there around the clock for three days. Then the inevitable happens again...
  • edited June 15
    I am willing to predict three additional violent incidents on Union between the Shuttle tracks and Bedford before Sept 1. Stabbings, shootings and major beatdowns count.
  • That's probably a conservative estimate. That's also the corner where some guy punched my wife in the head for no reason. But yeah, tell me more about how luxury condominiums that will finance a community center is the biggest problem plaguing this community....
  • edited June 15
    I find it kind of weird that the drug trade has lasted so long on this block. It would not surprise me if their customer base now travels some distance to get to this 1 and a half block stretch. Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 8.55.17 PM
  • I find it incredibly strange that after a zillion shootings over the years within this one or two block radius cops aren't just always parked here.
  • jfinks said:
    I find it incredibly strange that after a zillion shootings over the years within this one or two block radius cops aren't just always parked here.
    Not that I believe in conspiracies, but if the drug trade has existed in the same location for many years, the folks paid to ferret out the drug trade and stamp it out aren't doing their jobs. One way or another the cops are okay with this happening in that location
  • meh. I have seen lots of foot patrols and other "constant presence" activities in the immediate area over the past several years. http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/44343/the-71st-pct-is-picked-as-a-training-ground#Item_14 The trick to closing this drug mart may be to open another one with lower prices nearby. Then, provide directions to an easily disoriented clientele.