Finding Chorizo sausage -Mexican style and raw? — Brooklynian

Finding Chorizo sausage -Mexican style and raw?

MODMOD
edited 2:37AM in Brooklyn Eats
Weekend breakfast hasn't been the same without my chorizo and jalapeno frittadas. Does anyone know where to get real mexican chorizo. The kind that comes in a plastic casting and is all mushy and raw inside?

Also, does anyone know where to get "Soyrizo," the vegetarian version?

Comments

• For the chorizo - I am sure that Fairway has it, and I am almost positive that Key Food on 5th has it.

Soyrizo I have never looked for so I am not sure where you could get that.

Just let me know what time your making breakfast and I'll be over ;)
  • Honey, you are more than welcome :wink:
    I've looked at the Key food on 5th and didn't find it. Also checked associated.
    I'll need to check out fairway.

Anyone with a car going to redhook ant time soon?
  • Nobody in Sunset Park has it?
  • Mamacita wrote: Honey, you are more than welcome :wink:
    I've looked at the Key food on 5th and didn't find it. Also checked associated.
    I'll need to check out fairway.

Anyone with a car going to redhook ant time soon?
    I am due for a Fairway run fairly soon, but I often go when the mood strikes me, and usually during day time hours. If that suits you, send me a PM. I have an SUV and I can fit your chorizo in it :-)
  • They have the soy version at Steve's C Town on 9th St between 5th & 6th. It's by the deli section near all the "Smart" brand products - right across from the bins with the cheese and hummus.

I never heard of it until you posted it and then when I was food shopping, there it was! Thank you for posting - I can't wait to try it! :D
This discussion has been closed.