It has been a crazy week!
First, the government voted to extend the debt ceiling, but with the provision that we cut spending and not raise taxes.
Now, the world stock markets are in a nose dive.
While some believe that the world is going down hill fast, my brain is wondering how one could make some real money in NYC doing legal activities off these changing, chaotic times.
I believe we are entering a period in which the income of everyone but the wealthy will fall.
Here are my ideas, and the logic associated with them, so far....
1. Sell t-shirts and buttons to zealots on the left and the right that blame the other side for our present problems.
2. Embrace my exploitative, evil, dark side and open a Rent-A-Center, Check Cashing or We Buy Gold Pawn Shop.
3. Embrace my dark side and create a businesses that promise customers things that are not delivered: For Profit Immigration Assistance that assures Citizenship, For Profit Trade Schools that assure union positions.
4. Buy a fleet of Dollar Vans to undercut the MTA.
5. Sell cheap food products that low income people can afford: Goya, mac and cheese, ramen.
6. Become an expert at fixing cars made between 1992 and 2000.
7. Conduct workshops that teach people how to do home repair themselves, and not have to pay for an expert.
8. Your ideas....