So says Grub Street:
Crown Inn opening this Friday?
It looks nice!
I hope it avoids the fate of the local businesses (like Roadhouse, Skazzy and Janelles's) that are struggling.
Crown Inn is owned by the guys at Franklin Park so they have the experience, and the cushion to run the place.
I was actually in there last night. It was nice since as an opening special all drinks were $4. Food service starts next week. Very swanky place. No house cocktails which is weird given how much premium liquor they have- they said they want to be beer and simple liquor kind of place and not a cocktail place.
I am sure they will do quite well.
drink specials were $4. Wonder what regular prices will be....maybe we'll stop by this weekend. Or wait for food. I do love food.
Beautiful space, though.
Ok we went. We drank.
- Pretty decent beer list and lots were $5 which is great since so many bars go with $6 as their standard price.
- Lots of liquor
- Good music
- Warm decor - beautifully done
- Very nice bouncer
- Very dark. That's just not my thing.
- No lists except tap list. What wines do you have? (apparently 4 are on tap?), What are your 40 bourbons? etc... Seems weird to not have a card/menu/list. I get that you aren't doing specialty cocktails, but a list of even normal stuff (Manhattan, martini, etc.) makes people feel more comfortable to order a drink. I hate going into a place, not wanting beer, and not feeling flustered as to what to order. I'm not grownup enough I guess to have a drink that I just go in and order. A list would be nice.
- Few tables. For a place that will soon have food, there was maybe 8 tables and then the bar to sit at. It will be crowded.
We will go back.
we went last nite. definitely not struggling in the slightest. friendly staff, very nice decor, good drinks, beers from $5-$8 or so, nice mix of folks from the 'hood and good music. would definitely go back-- maybe not on a jam-packed saturday, though.
felt like a more grown-up version of williamsburg in the 90s. a harbinger of things to come?
We were there from about 9 - 10 last night. It was full, but not packed when we left at 10.
Nice bar, good tap selection.
Summer should be nice: Big garden outback.
We were there around 10:30-midnight yesterday. Pretty packed. But it was enjoyable.
photo: Crown Inn
Sept 23, 2013. If you haven't grown to like this "new" bar, you could attempt to convince the CB that their license should not be renewed.
It will soon expire.
The SLA & Sidewalk Café Review Committee will meet on Monday, October 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM at CNR-Center Light Health Care Center, which is located at 727 Classon Avenue, Brooklyn, NY (between Park and Prospect Places).