I know that it is not thanksgiving but....there are many posts on this board about the different crimes that go on in our neighborhood, but not too many about all the good things that go on in it (except for a growing number of restaurants, yeay!). So I wanted to start a threat about the many acts of kindness that people have experienced while leaving here
So here goes a heartfelt thank you to all the neighbors that have shown the following acts of kindness during the l 8 years I have been living here:
1) Repeated knocks on my door to remind me to move my car, to move back my car, to turn off the lights in my car, to close the door to my car (my kid left it open).
2) Bringing packages that they have voluntarily accepted from UPS/FedEx...
3) Helping to shovel my house/car
4) Sweeping the leaves off my house.
5) Walking my kid back home when he was one year old an "escaped" down the street (oops!)
6) Returning my cell phone that I had dropped in front of my house (this happened today. THANK YOU kind neighbor!!)
7) Simply saying hello, good morning, have a lovely day, waving from across the street.
Enduring my wild bicycle/scooter riding kids.
and many more things that i can't remember now.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.