As 2012 ends, I have put some thought into the changes that will happen in Western Crown Heights during 2013.
While there are lots of small projects happening and planned, these six large scale developments strike me as being the most influential. In no particular order, here are the developments, and the threads we have been discussing them in:
1. The long closed, former movie theater at Bedford and Lincoln will be torn down and construction on a large apartment building will begin. It is not yet known whether it will be condos or rentals:
2. The long vacant, large lot located on Sterling, between Washington and Classon will be built on:
3. The 1000 Dean St project (located between Classon and Franklin) will provide a permanent home to the Brooklyn Flea. An associated food court and beer hall will be opened nearby:
4. The building being constructed at the highly visible corner of Franklin and Eastern Parkway will be substansially completed:
5. The Court Officers Academy, located in the St. Theresa Complex on Classon, will open and house students:
6. Construction on a large residential development will begin on St. Marks, between Classon and Franklin.
2013 looks like it will be a quite a year.