I hope there is less of this as the weather cools down.
Patch » A 34-year-old man was beaten and robbed in a late-night mugging on Eastern Parkway between Underhill and Washington.
The man was coming home on August 23 at about 11:30 p.m. when three men jumped him as he stood in front of his apartment building, according to a police report.
One of the attackers punched the man in the face, knocking him to the ground. Then all three muggers kicked and punched him as he was lying on the ground.
Then one of the men said “Give me all you’ve got,” and demanded the man’s wedding ring, asking what it was made of. They also took the man’s iPhone and then ran off.
A neighbor said the man received multiple injuries including a broken cheekbone.
This is at least the eighth violent attack this summer:
- On August 6, a 23-year-old woman was pulled to the ground and repeatedly punched in face on Grand Avenue near Pacific Street, before a resident called the cops;
- On August 4, a man was beaten and robbed by two attackers on Washington Avenue near Lincoln Place.
- On July 30, three muggers punched and kicked a 26-year-old man in the head during a robbery on St. Marks Avenue between Carlton and Flatbush.
- On July 14, a 23-year-old man was taken to Methodist Hospital after a man attacked him on Bergen Street between Washington and Underhill.
- On June 29, a group of men used a golf club to attack and rob a 23-year-old as he was riding his bike on Dean Street at Grand Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman pistol whipped a man during a mugging of a couple Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On June 4, a 24-year-old man went to the hospital after someone attacked him with a padlock at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street.