I am looking to move by April. I am setting such a distant goal because I am determined not to be hoodwinked by realtors et.al. into paying exorbitant fees to move into a bait in switch "not really Windsor Terrace" neighborhood, OR a neighborhood with lots of block parties, loud obnoxious tenants in crap-tastic cars, bad/long commutes, riff-raff, people who lack class and adequate socialization skills, etc. I can't afford Park Slope, but I will be able to pay 1650 max for a one bedroom, that is a REAL one bedroom , not a studio masquerading as a one bedroom in the realtor listings. I do want to live in a building with a management company. Even if its a small building I'd rather not live in someone's personal brownstone or house.
In the intervening time, I am planing to do "walk- throughs", precinct visits, store visits etc. Still, visiting is different from living, so I have a few questions:
1) What are the official borders of Windsor Terrace?
2) What is the commute like on the 15th ave and Fort Hamilton F train stops, further into Brooklyn (say Coney Island) as well as a commute into lower Manhattan?
3) Is the 9th avenue stop on the D train considered Windsor Terrace?
4) What should I be paying for a one bedroom, preferably in a building in the Windsor Terrace area
5) Are there lots of people hanging out in the streets in front of buildings?
6)Are there good coffee shops/ diners?
7) What's the noise level like: ie Lots of stereos?/ band practice/ wanna be DJ's ?
8 ) What is the safety at night? Can you walk home alone at night? I want the REAL story, not the party line: "its up to you to gauge your own comfort level". Most women tend to feel unsafe with groups of men loitering in parked cars or on street corners, desolate unlit places where you don't know or like your neighbors, walks past 24 hour liquor stores, small neighborhood sleazy bars etc, so if you see these things let me know.
9) Do you know any RELIABLE and quality realtors who won't be shady who specialize in that area?
If you can't be honest in answering my questions on this board for fear of being seen as a reactionary or something, just PM me. I'd rather have the brutal truth than some PC bullshit.
Thanks, in advance!